Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Waterproof

I have a really great watch.
It's a bright blue Timex Ironman watch. It has a sensor that directly works with your IPod that if you are on the go and listening you can control the volume and such through your watch to the IPod. Kind of a long ways from the Michael Jackson Thriller watch that I had when I was 10. Anyways. My watch is waterproof and can be immersed in water up to so many feet. Believe me when I say this, that it has participated in many a bath night. I have used it to keep the "time out" time. I have used it to keep track of splits at the track. I have used it to time my 1st 10k and my 1st 15k and countless other jaunts away from OBR. All the while it being the trusty constant that I can depend on when I put it on every morning to keep my time. In the pouring rain, if need be. If I do the dishes and it gets wet, it's ok. If I, God for bid, have to fish something (ahem...a My Little Pony) from the toilet, no big deal. It always works.

I have come to the conclusion that I have been the stylish, awesome, dependable, waterproof, I can be your everything Ironman watch. I have gone and went and moved about. I have taken care of things and made it all happen. I have showed up and crossed all T's and dotted all I's and frankly, I am in need of a new battery. I am at the cross roads of Now What and Plug Along streets. Standing on the corner of I Think I Can... Sometimes being waterproof still doesn't make you dependable if your battery is caput. And sadly, this means the indiglo won't work when you can't see in the dark either. Bummer.

This Mama needs to recharge, refocus, and regroup. I will let you know when I can re-plug back in to the IPod and turn the volume all the way up and dance around. Until then...

My love, all my love,
Cassy

No comments: