Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 1

I blog and twitter. It's 2009 and you know exactly what I mean.

According to my little counter, on average, there is about 12 people per week that check this blog. Which to my standards is perfect with me. Why did I start this blog in the 1st place anyway? Does it matter? No, not really. I use it to post and talk about random, mindless things that go on in my life. I use it to post pictures of my children for my Grandma and Aunt's to see. I use it because sometimes its better to just say what you need to say. I think that someday, maybe I will log on and see that 1,000 people have been waiting for me to post pictures, write something normal. Maybe, not really. You know, those kinds of things. Thanks for including me in your daily "drive by".

Today is Day 1.
I will share this and be done with it. I returned to my doctor yesterday (a lovely young doctor with whom I graduated from high school with!) and after all was said and done, she has decided that I have a pelvic stress fracture. Which means this:

  • I did too much too soon.
  • I am a woman who has a carriage (this is a medical term you know) and because of a weaker bone structure due to the hellish death grip that is the wonderful world of female hormones and their crazy journey during childbirth/post partum/returning to normalcy add exercise in there and you are more susceptible to such an injury.
  • It is what it is. And it stinks.

So, here I am. I will walk around with crutches for awhile. I will take it easy. I will rest and heal. We decided to forgo a MRI for a number of reasons. One of them being that all signs point to it being a stress fracture so if it looks like it, smells like it, and tastes like it, lets just treat it like it. That's all. Here's me sitting, see me?

I will be at the finish line this season and look very much forward to enjoying running again, sometime. Drove home from the doctor in the dreary rain yesterday and stopped to pick up Chinese for dinner. I grabbed a fortune cookie from the bag and pulled it apart and it said,

The measure of time to your next goal is the measure of your discipline.

I kind of laughed and grabbed another one,

Before you roar, please take a deep breath.

giggle, giggle, roar...

My love, all my love,

Cass

No comments: