Monday, April 27, 2009

Today

was a good day because...


I used my crutches,

my biggest bear cub told me that I was beautiful,

I got to take a shower alone with no spectators, (minus I am out of conditioner and I had to use Jeb's deodorant because I am out of that too)

I cleaned the kitchen sink and the stove top,

I drank a huge glass of chocolate milk,

I sucked it up and went out and pushed #2 & #3 on the swing set (and then came inside and slept for 2 hours)

I heard the name of a new friend that is continuing to grow stronger every hour,

Someone said that they give thanks to God everytime they think of me,

My friend Stellan is with his mom, no tubes, no IV's, not hooked up, nothing,

I listened to the birds,

I closed my eyes and shut myself down for a short time and remembered that if I don't take care of me that no one else will,

my kids are running around the house like wild monkey's and it delights me to no end,

tomorrow is going to come after today.


My love, all my love,
C.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Well said, my friend. Take care of yourself so you can keep taking such great care of your babes :) I wish I was there so I could watch everyone for you so you could take a nap every day until you're fully healed!
Love you!!

Confessions of a Sunshine Queen said...

I love to read your thoughts- they remind me to take a step back and enjoy a point of view that is simple and yet so full of blessings and strength. You are one tough cookie babe and you inspire me to no end. Thank you for sharing your beautiful soul with us all! Hugs xoxo Hugs

Kristinm said...

I was so glad to read this post. I know you are trying to stay positive and patient but at the same time you are frustrated to no end. It was nice to hear that you are still observing the good things that happen on a daily basis and that you can find silver linings in this cloudy time. I love it when you do these "Today" posts. Plz feel better soon.