Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today

Today has kind of been a be still day for me.

Today I was somewhat quiet.

Today I gave myself the license to like my hair. (even the silver one that I am leaving alone)

Today I enjoyed a little newly "1st communion ed" buddy named Ridge.

Today my leg hurt like the dickens.

Today (in the very wee hours of the day) I snuggled with the sweetest little bear cub and hung on as tight as I could.

Today I listened to the birds and said hello back to their lovely songs of thanks for the grapes.

Today I heard my mom's voice.

Today I drove past my very favorite "half way there/turn around mark" and vowed to be back soon.

Today I was human and said I was sorry.

Today I prayed 6 times. Once in the shower, once with Isaac, once in thanksgiving, once for Stellan, once for clarity, and one of the times for a circumstance that I didn't even know how to pray for just that I needed to hand over something that was too heavy.

Today I was honest.

Today I was a good sport and whispered, "Enjoy yourself and have a relaxing time." and really meant it with all my heart.

Today I bathed and touched the beautiful skin of 3 of the yummiest babies around.

Today I gave Cody the rest of my bagel with cream cheese.

Today I bit my tongue and had nothing nice to say so I said nothing at all.

Today I hoped with all of me for sheer strength for the time of her life to happen.

Today I smiled at a picture that smiled back at me.

Today I wondered.



That was my day today.
My love, all my love,
me

1 comment:

Kristinm said...

This is good stuff!! :) Plz feel better soon.
Love you so,
K