Sunday, January 3, 2010

Do what you love, love what you do.

I am ready to make friends again with this blog.
The last quarter of 2009, in a nutshell, was a complete bummer. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but who are we kidding? Rough is rough no matter which way you look at it.
So, here I am. The peace maker making peace with myself. I starting this blog in the first place to share news of my little chicks. To share news that I am still alive in the midst of taking care of said chicks. To share a little bit of me.
Here's me... doing what I love, loving what I do. With all the cliches that I can muster. Isn't there lemon's involved in there somewhere? I love the smell of lemon.
A new year. Oh the possibilities! I am full of optimism. Kind of. Stay with me.
One of the major reasons that I starting this blog was the lack of time (the lack of making the extra time) to write little notes to my children. Letting them know the little things they said were cute. Letting them know how they reacted to "the real world". Letting them know I wanted to send them into next week for some various reasons. So I am going to get back to that. I am going to get back to being honest and not sugar coating something. I know that "natural" sugar is all the rage these days but I am here to slap on the real lard, and the extra cup of real granulated sugar. Count me in. If you aren't honest, what are you?
I am going to start writing about being moderately scared of leaving this nest of ours on the OBR and stepping out and learning. Learning from someone else that is going to critique me. Eeek!
I am going to start sharing the things that I am second guessing. I am going to start sharing the things that I want to share and not what I think people want to hear me say.
I will write about dumping all things that are junk to me.
And all things that add up on the weekly guilt log.

I will keep you posted. I will be honest.
Deal?
Do what you love, love what you do.
What have you done lately that you loved?

Until next time.
My love, all my love,
Cass

2 comments:

Sara said...

So glad to hear from you again Miss Cass. I love honesty. How else will everyone understand how you came to be the person you are without understanding the junk you trudged though to get there. It's time for me to get caught up in Blog world too, thanks for the reminder that the reason I too started blogging was for those runny nosed little cavemen underfoot.

Lane said...

Refreshingly honest. Love you so much and hoping the road gets easier bit by bit...and doesn't it always?