Thursday, January 14, 2010

Garbage Dumping Thursday



It's the day of the dump.
A nice and balmy 30 degree trudge down to dispose of the unnecessary, lay to rest the broken, and appreciate what you have had.

Is this Hollywood or what?
I am afraid to come clean and let you know something.
I have always held people who proudly display their most favorite, trusty, broken in, hooded college articles of clothing to the highest standards. Kind of like my favorite celebrities in Hollywood. I have always quietly pondered how they got in, if they bonked, if they did a round about and ended up finishing doing the complete opposite program they walked into the very 1st day. If I could spend my days interviewing these people to allow them to tell their story in an effort to relive the accomplishment, I would. I suppose this is where the mean old Cassy of previous should have really been kicked to the curb. Why would I be any different?
Unattainable, no.
Tough, sure.
A little like trying to eat an elephant; one bite at a time. Yes sir, and thank you very much.
There is no reason why people, big nor small should ever imagine that just because they succeeded at something that you can't also.
C'mon, a little bit of adventure never hurt anybody right?
Head down, plowing through. (swimmies in backpack, just in case)

Throwing it away.


The Grumpy Old, Unconfident, Underachiever Troll Under The Bridge
There once was a girl named Cassy
She wasn't for sure what to do
She knew how to do lots
but settled for most
and then she walked into college for the first time.
The End

Throwing the troll over the bridge.
Sayonara Schweetheart!


The Weekly Guilt Log

Thinking that I was over myself and not running. And then having to sign Mr. Kayano up for this year's Five Mile Frozen Foot race on Saturday morning. Booo! Hisss!

Telling my son that Harry Potter and everything about the Sorcerer's Stone was not real. Shouldn't I be allowing him to dream about being a wizard?

3 days this week, up at 5am, crawling in at midnight.

Mancino's extra large cheese pizza and bread nuggets with ranch
Why? Why do I stuff myself every Sunday? Geesh!

Telling my littlest son to stop screaming at his sister when he had all the right in the world. She took his "Mimi" He was mad. He can't reason. I would have yelled too. There is a lot to try and be heard over in this house.

Things that have consumed too much of my time this week:


  • Facebook (always a #1)

  • http://www.realitysteve.com/ Don't do it, don't go there!

  • Elizabeth Gilbert wrote something for O magazine this month. It was riveting, there are gears moving, perhaps I shall email her and tell her thanks. And see if she wants to come for coffee.

  • two words: food journal

  • too much dreaming while not getting enough REM, I finally have shoes on! I will write more later.

  • the dissection of the A HA moment and beginning the revelatory birth of grace. Hmm...that sounds like a book doesn't it?

  • stupid skin care, shouldn't I always look this young? Why can't I continue to just use Dial soap?

  • Oogling over my kids and staring at them in the rear view mirror while driving in the car and getting honked at when the light turns green.

That's all for the week. The garbage bill came so I can settle up for the year '10. I will for sure get that in on time.


I heart dumping the trash and handing over the "possibilities" of something being transformed into new.


My love, all my love,


Cassy


P.S. Please don't throw the troll a PFD, I would rather she float away.

No comments: