Thursday, January 7, 2010

Garbage Dumping Thursday

Today is the day of the dump...
Be prepared, I cleaned out the storage room...

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
T minus 5 days and counting. Que Pachelbel's Canon in D and a paper bag to breath in...
Here are a few things that I have learned since stepping away from the hallowed halls of the wonderful world of education. (licensed people with whom received the go ahead to teach, not 4pm Oprah)
#1- Time does not stand still
#2- 40-50 pounds gained during the 1st pregnancy is rough on a 5 foot frame
#3- Don't wear black until the nursing babe has been weaned
#4- Meijer is evil
#5- turning 30 changes your entire perspective about yourself
Somehow, somewhere I told myself that it was just ok. And I settled for generic. I settled for average. Now that's not good enough. Reason #547 for going back to college.

Throwing it away.
Bring it.

You are SO mean!
Evidently being told to brush one's teeth is now considered rude and inconsiderate mean behavior. Who knew? My very handsome 6 year old little adult stood with his hands on his hips and broke it all down for me the other night. In his most appropriate I could sell dirt to a pig tone... "I don't see why you keep telling me that I should brush my teeth, they are mine you know! I can do what I want with them because they are in MY mouth! You are so MEAN!" (hands waving & fingers pointing) I stood and took it like a, well, Mom.
And then I turned to Mr. Kayano and asked if indeed I was mean.
He answered no.
Good answer.
Am I really at that point yet with the name calling? Don't I get a few more years of peace before that one starts? Sheesh!

Throwing it away.

Don't wish for it, work for it!
I saw this the other day when I was reading the Wall Street Journal, I mean Facebook. It has stuck with me ever since. I am trying my best to really break down all of the things that I wish for on a daily basis. Hmmm...
  • Sit Ups. Maybe instead of wishing for a flatter stomach, actually take the time and energy to work muscles that aren't really dead, just dormant. Ya think?
  • Perspective really can change if you want it to. Your choice. Is it two dimensional or three dimensional?
  • Peace. Can you really forgive and forget? Is there a little water station that serves fine red wine in between the intersection of both?

I am trying my darnest to be a smidge more glass half full kind of gal. My last decade has been a little hazy. I am ready to stop dreaming it and start working for it.

Throwing it away.

The Weekly Guilt Log

Wanting to use a four letter word after dropping the ice cream scoop on my bare toe. Saying "FART!" instead. Knocking over the hot fudge. Getting lectured by the 4 year old about using said word and then eating the ice cream anyway while watching The Biggest Loser. Where shall I begin?

Not being honest when I should have just been honest and just gone ahead and spoke up about what it was I actually wanted instead of keeping it to myself. For a long time. Like a really long time.

Telling one of my little chicks, "Hang on, Mommy needs to try Livin on a Prayer one more time on intermediate, so we can get a few more fans before we can go." You know what I am talking about.

Trying to "make up" with our subscription to Runner's World. Open magazine, read 10 pages. Close magazine. Feel sorry for self. Gaaa!

2 words. Taco Bell. There was actually someone who gave me the right to be kind to this very perfectly working body of mine. I blew that one.

Wii.

It's been a while. I'm glad I said it out loud. Well, kind of. Like the 'ol Life commercial:

Try it, you'll like it!

My love, all my love,

Cassy

No comments: