Just a little update from big 'ol me sitting here on the ultra comfy fold out card table chair. I hate this thing! Anyway, Jeb got home on Friday night really late with Cody from South Dakota. They drove straight through with no problems and plenty of pheasant in tow. They had such a good time and will await their trip with baited breath until next year. Cody was so excited to see the kids on Saturday morning. They were excited to see him. Both Isaac and Ali awoke to good 'ol Dad on his side of the bed tucked in and ready to snuggle. I love the homecoming way more than the goodbye. Although I think its just a wee bit different this year as I am just about done carrying around the Joey in my pouch. Maybe next year I will glady bid farewell, hmmm... we will have to wait and see.
On Saturday afternoon I was spoiled again, not to mention humored to great lengths for yet another get together with my ultra amazing group of very close girlfriends and mama. I think that this marks the farewell to Cassy for a while party/get together #3 in the last month. (see thank you to husbands dtd 11/12/07) And did we have a great time! (As if we have ever had a bad time!) I decided that since I had been to Marquette 2 times since May (and pregnant) and didn't have a pastie that I should really consider ordering some to inhale while the going was still getting. So, I ordered 12! So what to do when you order the yummy lard encrusted little golden 1 pounders of goodness you say? Invite your girlfriends over to partake with you of course! And you pick up a Key Lime Pie to top it all off! :)
So for a little activity I had ordered a "belly mold" from a company online to do. In a nutshell, all it is is strips of gauze that have a kind of "skin friendly" adhesive that when moistened you can put it on your skin (with an under coat of moisturizer) and mold your pg belly for eternity. That and maybe a bit of a contraceptive device that shows you just what your stomach looks like when you are roughly 37 weeks pregnant! We giggled and ooed and ahhed at my little Joey all snuggled in. We ate, we enjoyed each others company, we bonded. We did what we do so well, just hangin out with one another. And for a little added consolation prize, they were graced with the presence of my ever growing hooters. I know it, we are a kinky bunch aren't we? Ha! :) I tried my best to thank them again in my most semi-stable-over-hormonal pregnant way for being more than amazing friends, more than sisters and confidants and psychologists. I love you guys so. Thank you for sharing in yet another very fun afternoon with me.
I had my weekly check-up on Friday and all looks great. Still haven't gained anything in 6 whole weeks! How in the heck is that possible? I am ready, he is too. The shift from just being the pregnant mama to the I am ready to conquer the world mama has taken place. The tectonic plates have shifted into place and emotionally I am ready for this. I am definitely reaping the fantastic benefits of running for the 32 weeks that I did. I knew it would pay off somewhere down the road! I am feeling strong and I am feeling like what I knew all along to be true, I am so made to carry babies. I am so honored to have carried all 3 of them, felt them move and grown, I only hope that they understand someday the magnitude of their mama's love. I will spend the rest of my life trying to show them. 3 weeks to go! Game on, I will let you know when the staring gun goes off.
Until then...
My love, all my love,
Cassy
1 comment:
I love, love, love that you let us (me) be apart of the bellymold making experience. It far exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to see what your mom does with it. And even more,can't wait to see the little guy!
Post a Comment