Hi. Aren't I awful, it has been yet another full week since I have checked in. Ok, lets blame that one on Jeb as he has been a computer hog. Frickin Fantasy Football, or FFF as I like to adoringly refer to it as. That and I am so unthankful for the set-up we have down here in the "office". Maybe its because Im STILL pg and my littlest man lives and thrives very up close and personal to the nether regions that are required for sitting on one's rear end on such a lovely little thrown. Sorry to the fine makers of Samsonite convertible furniture. Keep up the good work people.
Anyway, the update is this. I am here, my boy is still there, and I am waiting very patiently. I had my last appointment this Monday and all looks great. I am actually had my chance to have him this past Tuesday through an induction and at the last minute opted out. I wasn't 1,000% sure about it and felt as though if that was indeed the situation, I shouldn't go through with it. In a nutshell, its not my decision. I am just his momma. I am just the one that facilitates the activities, makes sure he doesn't get hurt, makes sure he is fed, soothes all unneeded uncomforts of life, and guides to the best of my ability. Its not my decision to decide when he shows up. Im the one who didn't keep my pants on, its my job to keep him in there until its medically necessary for him to have an intervention. (sorry about the whole visual pants thing, but come on, I mean we all know how that process goes...) I am actually feeling quite well considering. It looks as though my final weigh in has me at gaining, in total the whole pregnancy, 17 pounds. This last week I gained 3 but I am convinced that it was an increase of 1.5 pounds per boob. My blood pressure is great and he is right there and ready to come. The grocery store has been cleaned out by yours truly and the bathrooms are clean. The sheets are all washed and there are instructions for anyone to walk into this house and fully thrive in Isaac and Ali's world for a month! I am ready. I made him (Tres) a deal, if he decided to come at any time of the day, I would do whatever he needed me to do to get to the hospital. Preferably not on the side of North Long Lake Road with a county police officer in Big Mama Cass's vajay jay. (Thanks to Dr. Bailey for that lovely new anatomy title) So here I am. I have an induction (breaking the damn only) planned for next Tuesday at 1pm if he doesn't show up on his own before then. I am for certain that the whole process won't take all that long. We will see. I will take a picture tonight of the belly so you can all take one last look. I will spare you until I have showered for the day since at the present moment I am a little scary.
I wanted to share with you an email that a friend forwarded to me this week. It was so awsome and gave me that little "You Go Girl" boost that us chicks need every once and a while.
By the time the Lord made woman,
He was into his sixth day of working overtime.
An angel appeared and said, "Why are you spending so much time on this one?"
And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her?
She has to be completely washable, but not plastic, have over 200 movable parts,
all replaceable and able to run on diet coke and leftovers, have a lap that can hold four children at one time, have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart and she will do everything with only two hands."
The angel was astounded at the requirements. "Only two hands!? No way!
And that's just on the standard model?
That's too much work for one day.
Wait until tomorrow to finish."
"But I won't," the Lord protested.
"I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.
She already heals herself when she is sick AND can work 18 hour days."
The angel moved closer and touched the woman.
"But you have made her so soft, Lord."
"She is soft," the Lord agreed, "but I have also made her tough.
You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."
"Will she be able to think?", asked the angel.
The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason and negotiate." The angel then noticed something, and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.
"Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.
I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."
"That's not a leak," the Lord corrected, "that's a tear!"
"What's the tear for?" the angel asked.
The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love, her loneliness, her grief and her pride."
The angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything!
Woman is truly amazing."
And she is!
Women have strengths that amaze men.
They bear hardships and they carry burdens, but they hold happiness, love and joy.
They smile when they want to scream.
They sing when they want to cry.
They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are nervous.
They fight for what they believe in.
They stand up to injustice.
They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe there is a better solution.
They go without so their family can have.
They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
They love unconditionally.
They cry when their children excel and cheer when their friends get awards.
They are happy when they hear about a birth or a wedding.
Their hearts break when a friend dies.
They grieve at the loss of a family member, yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken heart.
Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you to show how much they care about you.
The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
They bring joy, hope and love.
They have compassion and ideals.
They give moral support to their family and friends.
Women have vital things to say and everything to give.
HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN, IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.
PLEASE pass this along to all your women friends and relatives to remind them just how amazing they are.
Isn't that so great, I really enjoyed it. Thanks Donna!
Well, I should probably go since Dora is almost over and I need to jump in the shower before the feeding bell is rung again for Big Al and then I need to go and get Isaac from school. I will check in tonight to post a pic and a few other random thoughts.
Happy Thursday afternoon to you.
My love, all my love,
Cass
No comments:
Post a Comment