Tues 11/6 2:35pm
Hola, as my dear sweet friend Dora says!
Hey, did you guys know that I am having a baby soon? I know it! I didn't remember either! AHH!!! Yesterday afternoon I had an appointment at the hospital to do all of my final paperwork to finalize that the day I walk in to give birth that they know everything they need to know about me. It was so surreal to walk through those doors. Holy Crow! At any rate the appt went fine and I answered all the dumb questions they asked, i.e. "Do you feel competent and ready for your impending birth?" Hello? Amongst other semi hysterical questions, I sat with hands in lap and nodded my head. She asked if I wanted to see a room and I don't think that I could have answered no any quicker than I did. That may have thrown me right over the deep end. Not to mention I am trying my best just to get through the week without Big Daddy around. I am refusing to think about actually having this little boy right now, so no, please don't show me a room. I am fantastically familiar and will go ahead and put my things away in the drawers when I get there, thanks. Whew! So I am ready. Other than that whole name debate and all. So exciting. I cannot wait to see this monkey's face and just smooch on him and start our new journey together. Not too much longer.
I heard from "vacation boy" and his little sidekick Cody. They are doing great and are enjoying the insanely boring landscape of Platte. They got there Sunday night at around 8pm after leaving at 5am. No incidences and no word from Cody throughout the whole trip. Good deal! The hunting was good yesterday although he said it was moderately windy. From what I can see from their forecast today it looks a little chilly. At any rate he is enjoying his time. I told him last night that I am so glad that he was having fun but I was ready for him to come home. He just laughed, little does he know, I wasn't kidding. Ha! I am not a fan of him being gone. We will survive and he will come home rested and with pheasant in hand to eat for another year.
Thank you gals for your comments on my little question yesterday. Its always good to hear someone else's perspective on the great debate of life's unanswered questions.
"Everything happens for a reason."
I am unsure of who may have started this quote. It boggles me and I have a hard time wrapping my brain around what it truly means. I am a supporter of the "Shit Happens" philosophy and I am definitely right there with the whole idea of being and realist. Maybe that's all there is to it. Maybe it depends on the person, the situation, the hopeful outcome of life and its quirky little incidences. I don't know.
However, I don't think that I would personally use this phrase with anything that I have had to deal with in my life. I don't agree that everything happens for a reason. I don't think that we should have to go through life waiting to be taught a lesson for some crap thing that he have had to endure, get through, survive. Without getting too dramatic I suppose that is where I stand on the whole thing. It is a great question though I think. I am to the point in my life where I can completely appreciate and understand that if that's what helps you sleep at night then more power to you. Lets use another popular quote...
If the shoe fits, wear it. Stick to your guns and keep your dukes up. Don't stray from what you believe. Live on.
On that note, I suppose I should go and chill for a few minutes before second shift starts. Thank you for being such great supporters and for reading my blog. I can't believe that whenever I log in I see that there are so many of you that check in. We are almost to 300 with total hits tallying over 600!!! Wow! In the beginning I said that one of the reasons why I wanted to start was to have a full adult conversation that was uninterrupted and that we are. If I had shirts made up that said, "I Heart Big Mama Cass and her blog!" I know you would all wear it. If not in public at least to bed.
Stay warm. Put Swiss Miss on the grocery list along with mini marshmallows, maybe some whipped cream and sprinkles too. The time has come.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
1 comment:
You know I'd wear I heart Cass!
Again, I love reading what's going in your brain!
Post a Comment