Quick check in for the day...
Up at 4:00am this morning to Jeb's alarm that he set to get up yesterday with. Ugg!!! Forgot to turn it off! I was up earlier to pee only because one of Ali's 22 "buddies" fell out of her bed and woke me up when it hit the floor. So settled back in after alarm to little buddy guy stretching and moving all around. Causing minor category 4 tremor like contractions which sent me to prayers of, "Please honey, don't break mommy's water!" Back to sleep at 6:05am and then up to a little body climbing in bed with me to snuggle at 7am. Ok. Went to start the coffee since it wasn't going to be going on until 7:40. Nice time, huh?! Wishful thinking. Back to snuggle and explain all of the "green" activity going on for today's Today show. Not to mention the whole King Tutt resurrection and mummification, and death, and so on. Good grief! I refused to turn channel to Disney. I wanted some interaction with the real adult world.
So, I want you to read Erin Zammett Ruddy's blog this morning. Her sister blogged about fertility issues she is having. Both Erin and her sister Melissa have battled cancer. Can you imagine you and your sister going through treatment for cancer? My word. At least you could whole hearted say, "I understand what you are going thorough."
Anyway, my beef with the blog is this...
Does the saying, everything happens for a reason really work for everything?
Is it just to justify in your mind the hell you have to go through in life sometimes?
Does the saying pertain to just personal issues or can you, lets say, use it when you are talking about 9/11 too? Or the Titanic sinking?
Lets ponder this one... let me know what you think. I am highly interested.
Didn't hear from "vacation boy" so nothing to report. Hopefully will hear from him tonight. I have my most wonderful, fantastic, amazing babysitter coming this afternoon until early evening to relieve me. Yippee! Wish I could suck down a Wallabee Darn @ Outback tonight when I am at dinner. Oh well. I will indulge in loaded fries instead. Even trade.
Kiss kiss, hug, hug,
C.
3 comments:
Ok, so I read her blog. I do like to believe that things happen for a reason. And I do believe that God has a hand in those things happening. I think most people who do not believe this simply *cannot* because they don't *want* to believe that God would allow for bad things to happen. That said I feel compelled to also comment on her attempts to have another child. Having been through the sorrows of miscarriage and the joys of parenting I cannot wrap my head around why she continues to try for a "natural" conception when her previous miscarried embryos showed abnormalities. Was her son Andrew conceived naturally or thru IVF..do you know? I know that it's hard to always trust what doctors tell us and that we hold on to our hopes and dreams of things going differently but after being blessed with a healthy child, would you purposely put yourself at risk of conceiving an unhealthy or "abnormal" child? "I still have my frozen embryos, which will give me one more shot at IVF. That will help make the losses I will most likely go through in the upcoming months bearable." Doctors want her to feel "emotionally/mentally able" to cope with losing another pregnancy. It sounds as though her mental state already has her losing another baby. Why put yourself thru that when you have another option..granted not guaranteed? Yes, there is something to say for doing things the way nature intended but sometimes nature interferes with our plans and in order to really get what our hearts desire..we need to be able to step back and say "ok, what can I do?" even if it means letting the medical community intervene and not taking the preferred path. This topic hits very close to home for me and I could go on and on..but I won't. :) Thanks for making me think about something other than Christmas shopping today! :)
My saying is "Shit happens". Sometimes things happen and you don't have to like how or why it happened but accept it OR do your hardest to never let it happen again. I don't believe that someone is playing grand master puppeteer with my life. But God does have his way of guiding and directing paths. I do believe that sometimes you HAVE TO change the way you think about something in order to be okay with it. Instead of lying to yourself as a form of self protection.
Well said, Jen. You make a good point that you don't believe that someone is playing "grand master pupeteer" and I fully agree. While things do happen and there are times that I think they happen for a reason, ultimately it is up to us to learn from what happens and decide how we're going to move on and forge ahead. And I could not agree with you more about "lying to ourselves as a form of protection". I am such a realist! I see things for what they are not for what they could or should be. Sometimes that is not a good thing but all in all it keeps me focused. I know not everyone can be this way and I certainly am not one to suggest that everyone should be this way but it seems to work for me and at the end of the day..I am happy and life is good. Thanks, Cass for making us think so much and have an uninterrupted "adult" conversation. I want to you hear what you have to say!
Post a Comment