Monday, November 12, 2007

80 days!

Ok, so not to over think (which I do so well), or overshadow the very current events that will be taking place in the near future or anything but I am going to be 30 in 80 days! I am a little shocked that it is almost here. Like I said, all else aside, you know that whole giving birth thing, but I guess I wasn't fully aware that my 30th birthday was coming up so quick. I have been so looking forward to ushering in a new decade. 30 makes you sound so "polished", a veteran of some small proportions. I will so glady look back at my 20's as a great time but definitely look forward to 30 and all of the better times to come.
So for a little recap... My plan/our plan (which doesn't always get to final approval stage) was to go ahead and try for baby #3 after my 30th birthday. I was going to have this awesome party with all our friends and just live it up. I was going to enjoy that between Al and #3 there was going to be a very healthy amount of time that was to separate the 2 of them and I would fondly look back at my 30th bday as onehelluva great time. I can remember turning 21 and Jeb being in the U.P. snowmobiling and going out with some friends. No craziness, no drunken stupor, nothing that anyone could keep as serious black mail material, just a nice night out, one beer, a movie and home to bed; alone.
I have never really in my adult life had any kind of "big shindig" or anything. This may be due to the fact that since my 25th I have pretty much either been pregnant or nursing a child. Hmmm... so back to my original plan. My 30th birthday was going to be "the memorable one" the crazy time, the selfish semi-drunken stupor and I would only invite those that would only moderately hold the black mail material over my head like a dark cloud. Instead I will have a roughly 8 week old little boy to gaze at and 2 other little monkeys flying around the house. Am I totally having a pity party or what?
So here's my question... should I just skip the whole thing/thought and go for the 31st birthday as being "the greatest time ever"? Am I just totally having the biggest pity party of all time and I should just be slapped on the forehead and told, "Wake up moron, look around at all of the other more important things you could be giving thanks for instead of whining about your damn 30th birthday!" Suggestion box open.....


My love, all my love,
the almost 30 year old obvious not virgin

No comments: