12:10 pm
Hello from the Stone house.
I can't believe that it has been so long since I have checked in. I suppose that I have been a little bit busy however. :)
We had such a great Christmas, a little bit chaotic, but great none the less. We managed to see everyone and get to share a little bit of time with both sides of the family. Isaac and Ali both woke up in the A.M. and were so delighted to see that Santa came, wiped his feet at the front door, had a little cookie and milk and managed to leave all kinds of good stuff for them. Everyone that told me, "It only gets better", was right. Can't wait for next year.
My aunt and cousin surprised me the following weekend for a quick visit to meet Brodie and get a little Isaac & Ali fix. It was so great to have them here. I only wish that we could be closer so that I could share my family with them more often. I can't wait for Paige to come this summer so that we can have some fun together. Not to mention my children pretty much think that she is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
We had a very low key New Years Eve. We were fortunate to spend it with our dearest friends and their kids. We were actually able to have a civilized very yummy dinner, just adults, and sit and enjoy each others company. What fun to be around the people that know and love us so. :) We were home by 10 and Brodie and I ushered in '08 with my dear old pal Dick Clark. I gave him (that would be Brodie not Dick Clark) a big smooch and told him that this year would only be the beginning of so many more to come. More stories to tell, more memories to make, growing and learning to boot. I think I turned the TV off and laid my head down at about 12:20 very fulfilled that I was able to see another year flip over. I got a little sentimental, maybe that just comes with aging another year. Maybe its because I couldn't possibly be more extremely grateful for all of the things that fulfill my life in every way. Either way, my sense of being content that everyone was tucked in and nice and warm and happy easily sent me off to sleep. Another year for the record books.
Mr. Brodie Dub (W) is 1 whole month old today. Holy Cows Bells! Can't believe it. I think that he has actually been here for 6 or so now but I suppose if I really do my math correctly it has only been one. He is growing like a weed. He is right on track with the other 2 with his sleeping schedule too. We are pushing around 5 hours at night with only one wake up session. I am actually not minding getting up at all because of all 3 kids, he is the one who enjoys snuggling the most. Bonus! He is an angel and The Grande Sib Duo love to kiss on him and make sure, as the accommodating twosome they are, that he has everything he needs to make life here at Chez Stone a happy one. Between the 3 of them and nursing I am burning some major calories these days. I have a boat load of pics that I will post soon.
**12:31 pm got to go feed the animals, we all know what happens if we don't. Back in 2 and 2.**
Sunday 1/06/07
11:42am
Well, that took me longer than expected! Good Grief!
Let me apologize right now for the scattered thoughts that I want to share today. I am secretly downstairs trying to sneak in some "puter" time for myself. I told the gang that I was down here folding laundry. Anyway, they were just outside playing in the mucky yard and building a lovely snowman. Fun! Bonus: I got to shower all by myself like a big girl with the door closed the entire time!!!
I just laid Brodie down in his own room for his 1st nap in there. So hard to believe! He looks so tiny but very comfortable none the less. He has his arms straight up by his ears in complete comfy mode. Ahh...what a life. :) He is getting used to baths too. It has been a bit of a long road to get used to. He usually screams through the whole process but last night turned a bit of a corner. I ran the water the entire time so that may have been the ticket. We shall see. He is starting to watch all of us when we are up close and personal. I can't wait for him to start smiling when we approach him. He is such a little muffin. Yummy and sweet.
So I am trying my best to start a little list of things that I want to do/accomplish/accept this year.
Here are some of the top ideas:
- continue to dabble in the organic world of food
- to only be associated with the word "muffin top" in the context of food
- teach my 2 oldest to ski
- remember that time doesn't stand still
- continue to write and share my life with all of you devoted kind people who humor me on a regular basis
- remember to exfoliate, moisturize, pluck, and groom on a regular basis
- learn to cook one dish and master it
- run, run, run and run. Complete a 10K before 12/31/08
Ok, that's a pretty good start. I will continue with it and keep you posted. I will post some pics this afternoon during nap time. Got to run, they may have just found me out. Yikes.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
No comments:
Post a Comment