Friday December 14, 2007
Listening to mom talk. (nice hair!)
Well hello there!
It is me and my new little blogger sidekick!
Where to begin?! First of all let me start off by saying a big ginormous thank you to Jen and Kristin for being my little guest bloggers and filling my heart once agian with love and their wonderful kind words. They amongst others were present when my little Brodie came into the world and to hear the both of them speak of the experience delights me to no end. So lets start off with that little "escapde" last Tuesday afternoon.
Last Monday night I was feeling less than "fruitful & cheery" and made my poor sweet loving hubby stay home with me. (normal Monday night activity includes football, a larger than life big screen TV and popcorn w/ The Hunky Bible Boyz of Timber and the Meadows) We had had such a great night with the kids. We gave them a bath and popped some corn and sat and watched a Charlie Brown Christmas then a Dr. Suess Christmas one too, can't remember. I think that I layed my head back and slept through most of it all. Went to bed to be awakened by some very strong contractions at 1am. I started keeping track about an hour later at 2 and got on my big excercise ball to "open the station" up for business. Well in a nutshell, roughly 2 hours later and a sleepy telephone call to my doctor and my dad we were off to the hospital. I will spare you the details of the intense physical doings, but lets just say this, I had forgotten a little about what the body really needs to do to get ready to birth a child. I ended up getting an epidural shortly before sunrise. This was a hot little topic that I had run through my brain over and over and over again but decided if I wanted to be a "participant" in the whole process, it was the right road to head down. We made all the phone calls that needed to be made. Reservations were placed and the party started arriving around 9am. My sweet doctor came to check on me and had decided that since it was his procedure day (c sections & such) if I was comfortable, that he would wait to break my water later on in the AM. I obliged and hunkered down. Listened to a little John, giggled a few more times with my Santa buddha, rubbed my big belly, enjoyed the drugs. I think that my exact words were, "I am so comfortable!" Which was the complete truth. I was sitting, I was enjoying all my wonderful friends in the room, my mom busily working on the desk behind me, my sweet husband sitting in an extremely uncomfortable chair trying to stay awake. My doctor came in about 10:15am and broke my water which was the beginning of the most long awaited relief that us as birthing women get to experience. Thank God, it was almost time. Brodie was not going to come unless that water was broken. He was hangin on in there and he wasn't coming unless someone was going to shoo him out. (note: correct decision on edidural) I stayed very comfortable and continued on with my morning. We should have really had coffee and doughnuts, I swear. I could have given a interview with Matt Lauer at that point. At 12 noon I told my doctor when he came in that within the next couple contractions or by 12:15 I was going to be ready to push. Don't you love it? I sat there and told him that, what a control freak huh? Sure enough it rolled around and I was ready. I had to hold off for a few mins because Jeb's mom and my friend Jen had not arrived so I busted out the deep breathing techniques that I had remembered with Isaac. I felt good, I felt calm, I felt in control. I think as women we cream ourselves so much with blows of, we aren't good enough, we aren't capable enough, we don't have hair like Gisele, we don't have a good enough body. I am here to tell you, that truely at that time I felt like there wasn't anything that I was missing. There wasn't anything that was going to make me a better person, there wasn't anything that I needed to feel more capable in the entire world other than bringing my Brodie into the world. I loved every minute of it. I drank it in. I savored every second of the whole thing. Truely, hold me to this one, no lie. At approx. 12:48pm I pushed his sweet little full head of black hair, his shoulders, and his little pink body out and held his cute little poopy tush in my hand. It was worth every last moment of being uncomfortable. It was worth every last moment of heartburn and peeing twice an hour and kicks that took my breath away. With a room full of people and my amazing husband right by my side I held my boy and told him, "good job baby, you are here." He entered this world in a room full of people who will continue to surround him with love and adoration. That was my intention, not only do I get to spend the rest of my life loving him but there are oodles of people that get to love him too and tell him, "Brodie I have known and loved you since the moment of your first breath." I was lucky enough once again too (same thing happened when I had Isaac) to have a student nurse experience her 1st birth. I think that I may have seen her tear up. She later thanked me, as she wheeled me out to the car later the next day, for such a wonderful first experience that she would always remember. Sweet girl. That night Jeb went and got us Chinese and we sat and ate together like it was just any other night. It was fantastic in every way. All physical and emotional things aside I would have been happy walking out and going home right after it happened. It was a good "swan song". I will put in the history books and open it up often to admire and reflect upon the day my baby was born.
So here we are. Just the 5 of us. We are adjusting famously and he is already sleeping from about 11pm-3is every night and then getting up again around 6:30-7. He is eating greatly and loving all the sounds of chaos that I am sure he remembers from being in my belly. Isaac and Ali are pretty much for the most part completely unphased by the whole thing. I am under the assumption that they are already thinking that he has been here forever. They love him and stop their little tazmanian dirt devil selves down long enough to kiss his head and continue on. Life moves on. No turbulence for this ride. Thank you God. I have learned to relax and roll with the punches, I have learned that a houseful of my kids laughter is all I want to hear, I have learned that my husband and I after bringing home 3 babies work like the most finely tuned machine that every was. For this, once again I have managed to walk around with a punch drunk love little spirk of moderatly sleepy, somewhat exausted, completely oozing with love to give wife and mama look on my face. I love my job. I will keep it for another year I think. I will let you know what kind of yearly review I get this year. Maybe even a raise, hmmm.... (feel free to put in a good word for me)
Here are some pics for you to enjoy. Have a great weekend and I promise to check in again soon. Throw another shot of "warm fuzzy" in that coffee or coco this mama is back on the tracks and ready to get back to the wonderful world of mamahood. Im back. :)
My love, all my love to you,
Cass
Friday December 14, 2007
5:18pm
No comments:
Post a Comment