Monday, January 21, 2008

Just call me Frank...

Greetings from my little cave down under in the house of Stone babies.
I am having an extra triumphant and very successful day here with my three little monkeys. We are all running on the same track today and it seems as though for the 1st time in a long time I am feeling like I am reading everyone perfectly today. I will only say that out loud right now because my back-up will be here shortly in case things go haywire from now until then. :) (thank God!)
It is quite the winter scene out today and I love it. The only thing that I am not enjoying is the fact that Isaac and Ali both have some kind of colds. Nothing too major but enough that all I want to do is open up the entire house and have the 11 degree coldness kill all the nasty germs that are in this house. I need one of those guns like the ones that The Ghoastbusters had when they slimed the bad guys. I need mine full of Purell and Clorox Anywhere spray (one of the best inventions by the fine people of Johnson & Johnson). It seems as though I have been wiping noses and reminded everyone to cover their mouths for months now. But I will be patient and await the Spring thaw and all of the pollen's glory that will follow for the next season of bright colored boxes of Kleenex instead of the ones with snowflakes that I have now. sigh...
Today is Martin Luther King day and quite frankly I am unsure of why today is today. I am a little embarrassed to say that I don't know if it is his birthday or it is the day that he spoke his famous speech. Is it simply because he stood out in love and peace for the African American community or was it because he stood out as an american red blooded citizen of the world? Do we celebrate the fact that he was a man that spoke words of promise that no matter what color, race, or religion you are that if you had a dream you could indeed interpret those infamous words into whatever you saw fit to make that dream come alive? Today in preschool they talked about MLK day and what it was about and all that Isaac could tell me was that MLK made sure that everyone was nice to one another. Hmmm... I suppose if you were the kind to read just the Cliff notes that in a nutshell, that about sums it up. Today we give great thanks to a man that simply lived his own dream and along the way touched others lives greatly.
Jeb and I had a great time running on Saturday. I was so proud of him! Last year I was able to run the race and came home telling him that next year he should too. He kind of rolled his eyes and told me ok. Well fast forward and after it was all said and done, he loved it just as much as I did. It was a little chilly. Well, a lot chilly if you consider that on January 19th the Bay was steaming. Regardless, I enjoyed the "me" time and got a chance to accomplish something for myself. My legs came through and carried me along for yet another great work out. Can't wait until next year.
Wanted to brag for just a minute about a good friend of mine. She will kill me for doing this but I don't care, I am going to do it anyway. My sweet mama of 3 friend was in the paper a couple of weeks ago for something that we should all aspire to do. The article says it all. You all celebrate me by checking in on my life so I thought that I would share with you this awesome woman so that you could celebrate her too.
http://www.record-eagle.com/archivesearch/local_story_007094530.html

That's all Ive got this afternoon. Need to go wake the animals for second shift of the day. Should probably figure out something to make for dinner too. Maybe popcorn.

My love, all my love,
Cassy

No comments: