Ok, lets be honest...
Motherhood isn't exactly the easiest job on the market. I need to calm down. I am having a very, hmm... long day today. I woke up crabby. No I woke up more along the lines of the female dog species. I am tired. No Im really tired and Im hungry and Im stuck at home with 2 kids who want to go outside but we can't because its raining and the yard is a big mud bogg. And there is a list a mile long of things that are still not done and I am frustrated that I have to take such teeny tiny baby steps just to accomplish something. I just took the quickest shower that I could and I put Isaac on my bed to watch Milo & Otis. And I just grabbed Ali's buddy and blanket and tucked her in downstairs on the couch to watch Dora. Brodie is sound asleep on his bed in his room and has been since noon. All I wanted to do was get on the computer and do something for myself to feel like a normal human being today. I am S-A-D!!! Oh, I guess I did make an appt to get my hair cut tomorrow too. I look the exact same as I did the day I graduated from high school and I am WAY sick of it. I am an almost 30 year old trying to still look like a 20 year old! Not to mention I haven't had it cut since 04/01/07. Ok, I am way too crabby lets change the subject...
Isaac and I got in a huge fight this morning because I was crabby and he was up way too early for my liking. Not to mention when I usually go back to bed at around 4 in the morning. I only usually have another 2.5 hours until I need to get up again. He crawled in bed with me and I immediatly turned on Seasame Street for him. But it was still only about 10 min before it was going to start. I told him he would have to wait. And I dozed off again. All of a sudden I wake up and he is in my face and he says, "I am talking to you and you aren't listening to me, I want to watch something." I about came unglued and wanted to yell back in his face that I wasn't going to do anything for anyone today so go ahead and make you and your sister breakfast because I was still sleeping. But I didn't. In my most calm mommy voice I managed to explain to him that the nice people who flip the switch in PBS land hadn't gotten to "the switch" yet because they were making sure that they had taken care of their families first before they could take care of all the other children who wanted to watch said beloved TV show. Oh and I think that I may have said that they didn't have their coffee yet which is the only thing us adults get to do for ourselves somedays. Ok, maybe not that last part. So I forwent my normal peaceful shower w/o having to worry about Ali or Brodie to snooze some more knowing that he usually leaves me alone. I woke up to Brodie screaming at 7:30 and when I opened my eyes, who was standing there you ask? Isaac James. He wanted him to have his pacifier. He evidentaly crawled out of bed and saw that he didn't have it in his mouth and proceeded to shove it in. I was livid and I think that with one arm I managed to pick him up off the floor and onto the bed. Once again after realizing that I needed to calm, I told him that I was very thankful he was concerned for his brothers well being but if he isn't crying and his eyes are closed you can safely assume that he is happy and please no touching!!! AHHH!!! Ok, fast forward...
He had a string of blue beads (think Mardi Gras) and he was whipping them around like a lasso. I asked him to stop and after the 4th time I really meant it. When he let them go that last time they flew across the room and whipped his sister on the face. ...breath... I, with brodie still attached eating, stood up and threw them away. He fell apart and cried and screamed all the while telling me:
"You are never going to live here again!" (I may have said this to Cody in a heated moment of frustration after barfing on the carpet once)
"You are nice to me!" (we might be a bit confused with this sentiment)
Don't even tell me that again or I'm going to get you!" (holding up his fist)
Needless to say I wasn't amused and then proceeded to tell him that if he continued to talk to me that way that I would send him to his room and I would take The Razor scooter away. Which prompted more crying and screaming. I sent the screaming one and the bouncing one downstairs and told them they needed to give me a minute so that I could start lunch. I kissed Brodie and told him that I was so sorry that all he had heard the entire morning was yelling. I went to the kitchen and after cutting myslef a little row of lemon bars and eating them. I made myself a list of things that I wanted to get done before the end of the week. I made lunch and called them up. We sat together and I proceeded to tell them:
"Isaac, Mom is so thankful for you. You always make me laugh and bring a smile to my face."
"Ali, Mom is so thankful for you. You have such a great smile and I love it when you want to share your snuggles with me."
I think that we may have made amends for the day. I let them both have some Jelly Beans and all was well in the world. Sometimes I need to remind myself that we are in this together. We are a team. We are partners and we need to stop and let each other know that we are thankful for one another. (I actually make the both of them say this to one another if they have duked it out over something. And we say we are thankful every morning before breakfast to try and start the day off with some kind of positive spin) Anyway, I am still exausted and Im not afraid to say all I want is someone to take care of me today. But, the title on the front door still says my duties are mom and that I will be. Part of the job. Maybe I will check in with People.com and savor a little disfunctional Hollywood life to feel better. :)
Brodie had his 1 month check up yesterday and, are you ready for this? He is 11 pounds 3 ounces!!! He was discharged from the hospital at 7 pounds 9 ounces just 5 weeks ago! I gave myself a huge pat on the back as I am the feed wagon that feeds his little chub cheeks. He is doing great and checking in actually a higher percentile than the other 2 did at this point. If you keep track of stuff like that I suppose. Needless to say I was pleased. Now if he would just sleep a little longer at night I would be a happy girl! I need to pump this week as Isaac has expressed that he wants to feed him a bottle. (But can't understand that his nipples aren't as big as mine or that there isn't anything that would come out of them and he can't wait until his get to be as big as mine) Amongst other ideas i.e. "Mom when are you and Ali going to grow a penis?" Hmm... Maybe I should stop bathing the 2 of them together and maybe I should put something on when I get out of the shower instead of walking around in the buff.
Well, Mr. 0 to 60 in .001 seconds is screaming upstairs. Who needs a monitor when you have Brodie's ability to clearly let you know he is up?! Good Grief! Thats all Ive got today. I will post tomorrow just so we can compare between the lovely pic from the other day and a freshly primped Cassy after haricut tomorrow.
Happy muddy Tuesday to you. (Isn't it supposed to be winter?)
Someone have a drink for me tonight and say Cheers! Or better yet, if you go out for a run, make the second mile count just for me!
Tomorrows a new day. Game on, I will lace up a little tighter and put on another sports bra for extra support.
My love, all my love,
your exausted mama friend
P.S.
No spell check. No time. Enjoy the random mistakes.
2 comments:
Your job sounds EXHAUSTING! But you're a pro!
I ran an extra mile for you today, and I'll cheers you tonight! :)
I enjoyed this post very much. I am leaving work at 4:00 and am going to run in town b/f I head home and even though you posted this yesterday..I will run for you today. :) Cheers! Can't wait to see the new do.
Post a Comment