Today....
I was awakened to Mr. B's voice saying, "Mom, come in here. Open this door and see me!"
I laid still and checked in with myself and counted 100 breathes before my feet hit the ground.
I worried about 7 things, and only 1 of them were out of my control.
I paid attention to requests.
I responded when the time was appropriate.
I asked how someone else was instead of wondering why they had not asked me how I was.
I rubbed the belly of the sweetest, most, loyal furry friend you could wish for.
I immediately wondered if I could and then realized that indeed I would regardless of how hard it would be.
I corrected myself and said I am sorry.
I thought about where I would have been if I had not...
I stared at 2 of the most amazing eyes that were ever created on the face of the earth.
I answered a very uncomfortable question, and loved that I answered with all of me.
I picked out clothes for 2 of "the chicks" without whining that I had other things that needed tending to.
I sat still and made sure my toe touched his.
I laughed and gabbed about silly things and smiled with every muscle in my face.
I watched in wonder at how my babies communicate with people they don't normally communicate with on a daily basis.
I told Mr. Kayano that I was sorry, and asked what I could do.
I wrote. In a book. 4 sentences and felt like I could go on and on and on....
I read about children and their amazing resilience to medicine and wasn't scared but absolutely ecstatic about how I might be able to be a part of that "healing".
I blew away dust instead of frantically trying it pick it up.
I spent my time wisely.
I held onto money that I am planning for.
I paid my dues and participated in every one's "world" for 5 minutes, with opened eyes.
I read about devastation and felt sad.
I prayed 4 times. Once for the time to stand still; when the sunlight came through the front window and they were sitting there, once for the ability to show them I will always be this strong, once for God to please sway me otherwise, and once for the clarity to know when it happens that I already know the answer.
I hugged until the other person let go first.
I said thank you for time spent with my best friend, and meant it.
I signed heavily at all the work, and then smiled and realized I would get it done anyway.
I remained devoted, only slightly less pessimistic than yesterday, and thrilled to know that with each new day comes new things.
Getting it done.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
1 comment:
This was beautiful and I feel content after reading it.
Post a Comment