Today was a good day because...
I saw with my own eyes and felt with my own heart the love my eldest son has for his Mom.
I heard my husband say for the 1st time in a really long time that he,"wasn't sure..."
I felt appreciated and respected by "The Village". aka my son's amazing teachers.
I let go of my crutch and put weight on 2 very strong legs.
I accomplished more today than I have accomplished in 3 very long and lonely weeks.
I watched, with my 2 eyes, the work of a very organized, precise, and efficient man figure out what needed to be done and what it would take to get it done.
I woke to see the sun rise and the birds sing.
I took a deep breath and thought about what I said before I said it.
I read something along the lines of, "Slow down and look at the beauty that surrounds you" on a church billboard on my way to and from town. Kind of puts a kabash on the crap mood situation.
I rolled the windows down and turned the music up and sang off key.
I held my daughter's hand and told her it was ok to cry and be sad.
I folded little clothes that hold little bodies that will someday appreciate folded laundry. Maybe.
I hugged 2 dear Mama friends that I haven't seen or talked to in a really long and asked them whole hearted how they were, and meant it.
I remembered to say hello to that girl that I see in the mirror and I gave her a high five.
Today was a good day.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
3 comments:
I wish I could tell you how much this post makes me miss you. Any way we can make some kind of oath to meet up in Michigan this summer? It's been too long and I need your loving!
"Today"..which was really yesterday now..I got hang out with Cassy for a little while and I have missed doing that. :)
It was good to see you too my friend, and I meant it when I asked how you were, hopefully not too sore after that daring trip to the "thrifty acres." That girl in the mirror deserves so many of those high fives.
Post a Comment