Thursday, May 14, 2009

Garbage Dumping Thursday

Yup, you got it! It's Thursday dump your junk day. Here's the loglist:

Layin the foundation, patchwork to follow as needed-
The dreaded day has come that both of The Grande Sib Duo (old teaches young, ya know?!) have learned the dreaded words fat and ugly. These 2 words when used by adults are mean and hateful and I, am not a fan of either one of them. I have done my very best to explain that in a nutshell, we just don't use these words. They hurt people's feelings; yadda yadda yadda. While the 2 of them glassed over and then asked if they could have a Popsicle. They will understand soon enough and all I can do is lay down the ground rules now for later cracks to be filled in. They are listening, I know they are.
Throwing it away.

"I'm sorry, no, I'm sorry!"-
The other night as Mr. Kayano and I did the hand over, from the day supervisor to the night manager, I exclaimed that I was sorry that I hadn't figured out what was going to be consumed for dinner. I had gone on to say that I had run out of time and hadn't even thought about it because I was too busy. There were little ears listening (see, I told you they listen) and here's what was ingested. Mom said sorry to Dad that she didn't figure out dinner because she was too busy. Huh? It wasn't until I jumped in the car with glee that I was free from the cage, I mean teary that I had to leave my family for the evening, that I realized what had gone down. I had just apologized to my very capable other half for not figuring out something that he could clearly figure out on his own. And I did it in front of my children and made our relationship look really quite silly in the mean time. I called Mr. Kayano on his cell and left him a message (because he was busy following page 124 in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook) and said, "Hi, this is me. Ummm, I am not going to be apologizing again for not having dinner made. I know you will figure it out. Love your wife Donna Reed. BEEP!"
Throwing it away.

I am so LOST-
I am regretfully letting go of TV, slowly and painfully. Last night was the season finale of LOST and sadly, I have not consumed the show in months. We had gotten too far behind and just never caught up and sadly I had to bid a sad goodbye and wave at The Island to my friends Jack, Kate, Locke, and Sawyer as I slowly drifted off in a make shift boat from miscellaneous hatch materials. They waved back and assured me it was ok. They couldn't keep up either.
Not letting anyone down, no one is standing around tracking my television to see if I have kept up. Letting it go. sniff...sniff...
Throwing it away.

I am a double agent-
Gisele's manager called this week and asked if I had time for a re shoot for the cover of GQ in the metallic string bikini and sadly I had to decline because I had to work and then take Z to Tball. They were bummed.
I am slowly getting over the fact that, this back up body double for Gisele, hasn't been able to exercise in an eternity, I mean, 4 weeks and 4 days ago. I am still dreaming of running. I am still wondering what the finish line will look like someday. I am still trying my best at not tripping Mr. Kayano when he gleefully takes off on his joyous long run. I would never stoop to such a low. Never. Not me. I am getting over myself. Kind of. Here's me being patient. See me?
Throwing it away.

Weekly Guilt Log-

My lovely little attempts at gardening and weeding and pruning have gone by the wayside again.

The other night I was on my way home from work at 8:45pm and remembered that I hadn't eaten since roughly 1pm. I immediately pushed down the left blinker and turned into Moomer's for a large Oreo flurry. Eeek, bad choice #1,239.

I had a really big pity party for myself on Saturday, wrote everything out that was bothering me and then ripped it to shreds.

On Mother's Day, I heard the alarm go off to help my beloved make sticky buns for the get together he was going to with the kids while I was at work, but I didn't move a muscle to get up and help.

I cleaned out my closet this week and organized the bejezus out of it. But sadly realized that #1 has a baby book filled with "stuff", #2 had things laying on top of the box, and #3 has a book.

I had a conference call with the cleaning fairy and she informed me the bathrooms haven't been cleaned in, umm, hang on... a really long time.

Another week down. Recycling is plentiful and bags await for The Women's Resource Center and Goodwill. Thank you very much.
My love, all my love,
Donna Reed

3 comments:

Confessions of a Sunshine Queen said...

I think Garbage Dumping Thursday is awesome and want to try it sometime- you won't think i am a copy cat will you? It just seems so therapeutic! You make me smile every week and I look forward to it now like my favorite TV shows. Thank fully you won't be signing on for the season like TV shows do- at least I hope not. I love this! xoxo

Confessions of a Sunshine Queen said...

Imeant to say "Signing Off" not "on"

Jessica said...

Oh Cass!! I love to read your Garbage Dumping Thursdays because I often have similar junk and/or assorted guilt :)
Case in point: Whose husband is the lean mean irrigation machine? (Mine) Whose yard is almost entirely dandelions, while the neighbors next door and across the street have lush, green, dandelion-free lawns because of hours of pulling them out by hand or treating with all kinds of chemicals (um, mine)So don't sweat not weeding and such :)
There's more I can totally identify with, but my comment got kind of long :) I think you should make Garbage Dumping Thursdays a blog carnival, like Not-me-Monday or Works-for-me Wednesday!! Also, what are we, your dear readers called? You know, like MckMama has "wolverines" and Matt Logelin has "creeps"? I'm trying to think of something extrememly witty, but coming up with nada :)
Lots of love your way!! You are doing an amazing job raising adults!!