Good cool evening to you all. I am sitting here with such fun news to tell you...
I HAVE A LAPTOP!!!!
AHHH!!!!
Can you believe it? My husband completely surprised me last night. Well, let me back track a little bit...
Yesterday we celebrated our 10Th wedding anniversary. Ten years ago at the ripe old age of 20 years old, I stood in front of all of my family and friends and promised this man that I would lodge where he lodged and I would go where he went and for 10 years I have done just that. I cannot believe how incredibly successful that I am feeling lying here next to this man after 10 years have come and gone. The very funny part of the whole week leading up to our anniversary was that we got out our senior yearbook to look up someone that Jeb had run into, and not much has changed. I read entries from our friends that read,
"Good luck with you and Jeb, you guys are so cute together."
Or,
"You and Jeb are such a great couple, I will be seeing your wedding announcement in the paper soon."
And other than a little grey hair and some serious stretch marks on my part, not much else has changed. We have grown stronger and have become one of the most effective, well oiled machines that ever were. I am loved by this man who first loved me at 17 and I can only hope that at 97 he loves me just the same. What fun to be married to my best friend and someone who I "finished growing up with". We enjoy each other so much and seeing where our life is at right now makes us somewhat on the emotional side. We are so rich in the amazing things that we posses. I don't ever remember him telling me that he would, "give me the world" but that he has. I am more than grateful to be loved by him. And to have shared all that we have shared so far in our life. What a story to tell.
So, in celebration of the very fun date 08/08/08 we surrounded ourselves with all of our amazing friends. We ate and drank and filled our home with laughter. How blessed to once again be surrounded by friends on "our day". We moved our little gathering to the fire pit to relax and out comes Jeb with 2 boxes wrapped for me to open. Now, most of us know very well that Jeb is not the kind of guy who goes, lets say, all out on special occasions. So, this my friends, is a huge surprise. My new little laptop is beautiful. I'm not sure how many times I have said this but I think that getting this is way better than getting diamonds!
A little on the "hung over" side today by just the excitement alone of feeling so great yesterday. What a great day and a great memory. I think I shall make it 10 more. I am a very lucky gal. Cheers to that.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
No comments:
Post a Comment