Well here we are, almost half over with August already. I am having such a hard time being productive these days. It is probably due in huge part to the fact that my husband has been home all summer. We have been basking in the glory of being a team almost 24/7 for the last 3 months and quite frankly, I love it. I love it not only because I love "his aroundness" and genuinely being in the same room with him but I love it because it has given him the opportunity to witness 1st hand what it is like to take care of a house and 3 kids everyday. In return, I have been nothing but spoiled. I have been able to sleep until the kids get up. I have been able to go and run when ever I wish. I have been able to go and run errands many a time without my lovely children joining me on the ever so dreaded grocery shopping excursions that I love so. It has been awesome. It has given us a chance to almost get to know each other again. Kind of a reintroduction to the person you know is around but is actually right there for longer than to just say, "Hey, can you just help a gal out!" My husband has been Mr. Delightful. He has played every game there is to be played, and learned that repeating it over and over is pure joy. He has learned what it is like to stop and feed 2 young children and clean up and repeat 3 times a day. Plus snacks when playing outside. Plus constant water bottle refills. Plus dealing with the ice cream man truck drive by. He has learned my quirky rules; house, Cassy, and mommy to name a few. He has learned to stick to his guns, to follow through, and when the right time to "bend" is appropriate. He has learned that the ins and outs of the day to day grind that I used to take care of by myself and tuck away for when he walked into the door. He has learned that when the laundry fairy does come to wish her well and leave a little thank you note under your pillow. He has learned that remembering what it was like to be a kid is the best feeling, dirty toe nails and all. His time home has changed him. He is calm. And I think he has loved every second of being able to just be dad without any distraction. I feel like I should write him a little report card with all A's. Or at least give him an "atta boy" for sticking it out with me. What a great man I have and a helluva Dad. My cup runneth over.
I have a confession... I might be a bit obsessed with the Olympics. We have been staying up until after midnight all week watching the Olympics and I LOVE IT! I am such a freak. I am tearing up at all of the cut aways to the personal stories, I am holding my breath when Michael Phelps is underwater and when he emerges back out to take a breath I clench my fists and yell "GO", on commercial breaks from watching Misty and Kerry play (I actually refer to them as Mist & Kerr; because they are my peeps and everything) beach volleyball I jump down off of our bed and do 3 sets of stomach crunches. (their swimsuits alone are incentive for wanting to have somewhat of a resemblance of abs) I am obsessed and I hope to watch every single night until they are over. I think that I am obsessed because I have the utmost respect for athletes and what they have had to do to get where they are at. The training, the sacrifice, the devotion. Jeb tells me all the time that you are either born with it or you aren't and I am beginning to think that is true. They are just plain old folk like you and I who just so happened to be the best at a sport. They thank their mom's, they thank their, partners, and they thank their coaches for supporting what they do with wholeheartedness. They cry tears of happiness and sigh in relief of hard work paying off. I am a junkie and you guys know me, I love to play pretend. Track and Field races start tomorrow night and we are totally geeked. We will forgo rest time and put the kids to bed early and race downstairs to watch on the big screen. We have been reading about all our favorites for months in our Runners World magazine and in true geek (or roadie) fashion I have a schedule tacked up on the cork board when every one's event is. My name is Cassy and I am a geek.
Got to run and get ready for my date tonight. We are going to Interlochen to see KT Tunstall. Can you believe that my husband is coming with me? Ha! The weekend is almost here. I have a great post on Sunday to share with you all. Until then...
My love, all my love,
the geek with the laptop and the great husband
P.S.
Scene: the couch
Time: Brodie's 1st feeding of the day since sleeping for 13 hours
Characters: Mom (me) Z (Isaac) Brodes (Brodie)
Plot: Kids really listen to what you say.
Me: "Z, could you give mom a second to feed The Brodes so we can get breakfast started."
Isaac: "Brodes, you better get on that thing and finish 'er up!"
I may need to start watching what I am saying, ya think?
No comments:
Post a Comment