Friday, July 25, 2008

#442 for 9.25, The big 5!, Officer Stone

Down at The Hilt's for an overnight camping adventure with Daddy in a tent!
Campin Kiddo's
Ali the mermaid
Brodie and his new best friend; an ear of fresh corn!


Look, I really do exist
And so does this guy.
Got to love the second I see a tooth in there, we start Cheerio's!
Just Us
Hangin with mom, having coffee together before the rat race begins.


Mr. Smoocher
My Buddy
My Girl
Scuba Isaac
The Dad


Ali trying her hand at hittin the jackpot
Big Wish!
Watch out fish, here comes Isaac!
His beloved helicopter. Does he think that someday he will actually grow up and leave his mom?
The Birthday Boy, Police Officer, Coast Guard Rescue guy



My lovely #3
3 buddies on a swing
and 2 girls over!
Ali and her best buddy!
watching Isaac open his presents
Ali and Paige on our way to the parade
My sweet girl and I!
Mr. Silly
The 3 Amigos
Hangin out at the Bay waiting for the Blue Angles
Mr. Serious ready for bed (sorry about the skin shot)
Waiting for the kids parade
Petty Officer Stone of the United States Coast Guard saying hello to his co-workers in the big orange helicopter
Lovin the bands marching by


Once again, way too long since I have last checked in. It seems like every year July goes quicker and quicker. I wonder if I felt this way as a kid too?
Last time I checked in it was only 3 days until the 15k. What to say about that one? Hmmm... I did it. Let me back track. As usual the night before we went to pick up our numbers and everything and I was a nervous wreck this time. Normally, I am just as cool and calm as can be but this year was different. I suppose I have adopted the motto, "Its ok to bite off more than you can chew, sometimes." I knew that I could finish because on a normal occasion of a Sunday morning I like to trek out for at least 7 miles, so 9 I knew I could do. We arrived after picking up the speedy Bell gals. I was so excited for them to run the 5K and experience the morning in its entirety. Jeb was ready and went out to warm up. He likes to go by himself and get ready so I usually, my only demands, are a kiss before he lines up. He had worked SO hard for the day (maybe a whole year!) and I knew that he was more than ready. I don't know as if I could explain to you the excitement that this man still has after all these years later since racing as a High School senior. Its in his eyes. You can feel the energy around him. I love it. I saw him off at the start and made my way over for one last porta potty stop before I would take off. I also knew that once the starting time would begin for me, Jeb would already be done. So I made sure that the laces were double knotted and my pony tail was tight and over I went, across the activation line to begin. I had decided the night before that I would not be wearing any music strictly for purposes of listening to my own body and how it would respond to my new "longest distance run". The 1st 3 to 4 miles were a breeze. Its always the easiest because the thrill of the chase is on and the vibe carries you down the road and keeps the rhythm of your feet moving one after another. And then I came upon The Hill. Its called McKinley (a road geographically speaking that is) and really it is worthy of a Tour De France climb trial. I had Jeb the night before drive up it so at least I would get a taste of what everything looked like and I am glad I did. I was actually able to run up a good percentage of it but ended up having to walk down as I got a huge cramp (which never happens to me) in my side from the sip of water I took at a water station right before the ascend. (rookie mistake) I use that term strictly in the same way one uses it to associate an ascend to the top of Mt. Everest. No lie. I made my U turn around to the other side of the peninsula and started the trek back to downtown. In all honestly it was one of the finer times that I have run but under some pretty unfortunate circumstances (i.e. the dreaded return of "Aunt Flow" after not seeing her for roughly 17 months) it was not my best effort. Sorry for TMI my dearest male readers. At any rate, my sweet husband and his parents, my parents, and my sister and her kids were there to greet me at the end. It was over just like that. I was extra impressed with myself for managing to complete my very 1st 15K. It felt wonderful! I had originally wanted to finish in 1:30 but I believe that is was somewhere around 1:34. I know, to some of you this means nothing. If it weren't for the friggin hill... I told Jeb that once a month I want to drive over there and run it. I will be ready for next year. I can't wait and will count down the months until then. Jeb ended up posting a personal record for the 5K, 16:54, and 2nd in his age group and I believe 14th or 16th overall. Overall of at least over 1000 people! I was so proud of him and so thankful that he was able to have his moment but if I can be honest, felt a little guilty I wasn't there to see him finish. No pictures to share but I promise you, I was there and I finished. I have the cool t-shirt to prove it. And a blister that is hanging on my little left toe.

Next item on the schedule was my Isaac's 5th birthday. What a big guy he is. He was so excited this year and kept telling me, "Mom, say Happy Birthday to me, its my birthday." We had his friends over for some s'mores and a pinata. They had a great time and it went flawlessly. I cannot believe that this boy of mine has been in my life for 5 years. This boy with whom I held in my hands and cryed tears of joy over just 5 short years ago. This boy who turned me into the optimistic person I am today. This boy who makes my world a better place. This boy who has sealed a life long deal with life to get along, enjoy, embrace all things. He is my pride and my joy and the reason why I smile everyday. He is worth the stretch marks and the stories of why I had to buy thick grey electrical tape in bulk. I am in a better place and lead a fuller life because of what this boy is to me. He makes me a stronger friend and a more passionate soul mate. He makes me laugh and shake my head at silliness and he lights up the world with big full beautiful blue eyes. He loved every second of his birthday celebrations and is already asking me when his next will arrive. Ahhh, to be completely oblivious to time. What I wouldn't give to embrace the innocence once again. Here's to 5 more years of adventure my big man!

Lots of pictures to share with you all. I promise I will check in more this month. Only this month to pass and then we are on our way back to school already. That and I need to jockey for position with the computer as FFF starts soon. Thats Frickin Fantasy Football to you folk. It is quickly looming on the horizon. Lovely. Whatever. Till then.

My love, all my love,
Cassy

No comments: