Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday March 2, 2007
2:50pm

Well hello! Is anyone out there?! Anyone?
Good grief, its been way too long since I have last posted and for that I am sorry. Believe me, I could use a little contact with the outside world, and not matter if you are checking for a new post or not I have been anxiously awaiting my return to the "bat cave" for a little computer time.
Where to being? Well, I suppose my only excuse is that the kids were sick for the better part of February and it wasn't much fun. Man, it was quite the death grip that had hold on all of us, except Jeb. I am convinced that all of the drywall dust that the man inhales everyday has some sort of vaccination against everything/anything that can grow mold in a petri dish. Anyway, we are on the mend and I am playing catch up with day-to-day stuff around here. I suppose it doesn't help either that we are on the downhill slide towards Spring; that lovely period of time when you still really can't do a whole lot outside. Well, if you want to take the 20 mins it takes to get ready and then once you are out you have someone who wants to come in 20 mins into getting all of the play stuff out. Ugg!
Not much to report on this home front. The only guilty pleasure that I have on a weekly basis is LOST since the writer strike is coming to a close and they are getting back to filming all of my favorite shows. I haven't had too many chances to get out for a run either which makes me ultra crabby. I am having a hard time getting back because I am having issues with my post partum body. I guess Jeb read up on something not too long ago about women's ligaments and joints having some kind of "issues" that can take some time to repair itself after having a baby. That and he likes to remind me that I am 30 now too! Whatever! Can't wait for May 23rd to get here. Hope that you enjoyed my faux wanna be Christmas card. I think that I am going to stick with sending them out for Valentine's Day every year. I love all the pink and red hearts and cute stuff like that. I need to post a few new pics of Brodie. He is getting so big! Here I was trying to enjoy all of the newborn stuff and he will be 3 months old on Tuesday already! He is doing so good. He is starting to laugh and smile at everything. And he wants to make sure that he is perched somewhere where he can see everything that is going on. He loves to sit up in this great little chair called a Bumbo and Cody usually comes and lays down next to him and the 2 of them watch Thing 1 and Thing 2 run around. They are too cute. I attempted to put Brodie in his own room for the 1st time this past Friday to sleep overnight but ended up I couldn't do it. I think that I am going to go ahead and do it tonight. I just can't believe that I have to put the cradle away and pack all of it up. Its a little bittersweet and I am actually having a harder time than I had originally anticipated. It will be fine, I just need to do it and get it over with. I will let you know how it goes.
I am trying desperately to stay afloat lately. Seems like things are just so chaotic and crazy. Im not sure when the buzz of life turned up another notch. I am working hard at remembering everyday to touch base with myself and just live in the now instead of worrying about things that are out of my reach. Its so hard somedays to be everyones everything. And I will have to say it, my mom was right, no one else is going to take care of me but me. I need to remember to get a break every once in a while. Just a little one and its ok for me to ask, life gets crazy, you need to stop every once in a while and regroup. Im not talking about anything big either, I would settle for just an hour on the computer all by myself with no one to ask me for anything. If there is a problem I just need to fix it. I am trying very hard not to act like the victim all the time that doesn't get to do everything that I want. Things need to change and all I need to do is shift things around and make it work. I can't drill myself into the ground. So anyway, I am movin on.
Isaac starts his 1st full day of preschool tomorrow and I am so excited for him! He will go from 9am to 4pm and I think that this will be so good for him. I had originally planned on doing this right after Christmas but put it off a little with all the chaos of Jan and Feb. I think this will help him get into the routine of full days as next year we are planning on putting him into a young 5's program and not kindergarten. It was a hard decision but not a hard decision and I am glad that all of the decision making is over with! I think this will be the best route for him to take and I only hope that when I look back later on I won't have any regrets. He is starting to show so much more interest in writing his name and letters but other than that I can't get much more out of him. I am anxiously awaiting the little light bulb to go off and his little mind to start craving learning a little more. He is who he is and how it will turn out I will wait patiently.
Thats all I have today. I will post some pics tomorrow. Hope that all is well with you. Thanks for checking in on little ol me.
More later...

my love, all my love,
Cass

P.S.
Question: Would you order/buy a muffin from a place called LuLu Muffin?


3:23pm

No comments: