Thursday 03/27
What a good morning.
It makes all the difference in the world on school mornings when I am in a good mood. If I just get my butt out of bed and I am all ready when everyone else wakes up it is a recipe for success! We even had to finish a little "homework" this morning before we took off to be "hearded" into the school. The class is doing a yellow collage (they have done almost all the colors throughout the school year) and Isaac had to bring something yellow to stick to the big yellow poster board. He usually decides to bring a crayon, which is so boring, so this time 'ol mom had a fun suggestion. I gave him a yellow post-it note and told him that we should write the word yellow on it. This suggestion is usually shot down immediatly which is usually accompanied by him running down to his room in complete disgust and doors slamming. No comment! So I told him that I would help him. I stopped everything that was to be done and he wrote every single letter to spell yellow. I was so crazy proud I could have burst. I am unsure if I just caught him at his best or if we are actually turning a corner, I don't know. And I don't care, he did it. He was so proud too and proceeded to show both his sister and brother, and Cody too. We made it a big deal when we handed it over to his teacher once we got to school and in true preschool teacher fashion she made him feel superior. side note: usually doesn't matter what I have to say about anything, the sun rises and sets with his teachers love.
p.s. I am not complaining, I have gotten over this one! :)
So alas, like I said, it has been a delightful morning. Wonder what I will accomplish today?
I will let you know.
C.
No comments:
Post a Comment