Here are some pics from my big weekend...
The Gang (minus The Mead's)
I don't even know what we were laughing at...
just us
all decked out for Super Bowlnice action shots.
So much fun! I think next year I will proudly announce that I am 31. Another decade to do some livin. I can forshadow lots of great adventures along the way. I will make it great, I know I will.
So let me just share with you what my little princess Ali has been up to. Story #1:
On Friday when I was on the phone with my wonderful grandparents who were revisiting the day I was born, she decided she wanted a snack. Goldfish are her 1st choice so she proceeded to grab a bowl in my little "pseudo montesorri drawer" and help herself. Well, when she grabbed the FULL BRAND NEW bag of goldfish the entire bag fell on the floor in the pantry. Her lovely helpful big brother came to her rescue and decided to grab the dust buster and take care of the FULL BRAND NEW bag of goldfish that had spilled on the floor. Little did he know that the little cheddar bites of goodness that make my sweet little 2 year old so happy don't fit through the dust buster. He then bobbled the dust buster and the aparatus fell to the floor and all remnants of various small crumbs, hair, and such spilled everywhere within the pile of fish that were lying there on the floor. The poor wood floor that shreechs of terror when my children awaken in the AM. (this would be my assumption since I humanize EVERYTHING) Anway, this all happened while I was on the phone trying to enjoy my conversation with the wonderful people that adore me so that were clearly making my day with all the wonderful things that they were saying to me. Oh and I was feeding Brodie at the same time. Amongst other whining and crying that they needed this and that; just because I was on the phone. So I took a picture and here it is. Im not sure what I was more upset about, the fact that I told Isaac that I would pick it up when I got off the phone, the fact that Cody was not in the house to take care of it for me, or the fact that I could have fed a small village with the amount of goldfish that I had to throw away. Uggg....
Story #2:
Fast forward to yesterday. Usually on Monday's after we pick Isaac up from preschool it is a tad bit "hairy" around here to get lunch on the table. This problem could easily be taken care of if only I were to take a little extra time and have lunch made BEFORE I picked up child #1. But why? It's just easier for the scenario that I am about to share with you happen and my blood pressure to sore instead of making a good thing happen and my life to be a little bit easy. Anyway... Ali wasn't having any of it. She didn't want to sit down. She didn't want what we were having. She didn't want the earth to rotate on its axis. She wasn't having anything. When I went to take care of my screaming Brodie who himself was having a little bit of a difficult day (two words: overgrown circumcision! no further comment) his big sister decided she was all done with what she was eating. So she threw a bowl of vanilla yogurt onto the floor. When I returned to the kitchen to find the mess. I told her that I wasn't happy and she was now going to sit and wait until I ate my lunch until she was going to get down. (#1-no lunch for me just a bagel #2- note to self: next time let her down) So after I finished my second bite of what was now a cold bagel I had to get up again for whatever reason. Oh yeah. It was to go ahead and pee for the 1st time of the day, thats right, silly me. Isaac came in and told me that his sweet little baby sister had spilled her milk. I should have suspected the future crime scene was bad when he told me this in his most sweet little voice. Little did I know what was going to be waiting for me. This wasnt a little spill, it was an entire sippy FULL of milk. EVERYWHERE! On the table, on the floor, on the walls, everywhere. I did not say a word. I was silent the whole time. I picked her up, washed her hands in the bathroom, changed her diaper, put her in her crib and shut the door. She was histarical the entire time, the kind of crying that comes with no noise. I proceeded again to take a picture so that I could look back today and have a little chuckle about it. Clearly another for the record books. So here we are, my suffering for your enjoyment. Enjoy.
Got to run. It's 5:04 and I need to wake all zoo animals for feeding time. I get to run tonight with the girls. Im telling ya, a little fun for me goes a long way. No spell check for me. Enjoy the mistakes and 2nd grade level spelling.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Cass! 30 is a huge accomplishment...although I can imagine SLIGHTLY anxiety provoking! I have 3 years and 4 months left until my 3rd decade starts...let the countdown begin!
On a side note, perhaps it is the name that your daughter and my sister have that makes them little hellraisers! Thanks for sharing, I love the pictures!
Happy Belated Birthday, Cass!! I was so happy to get your Valentine's letter today...I'm so glad to see the life and love in your beautiful family!! Congratulations :))) And thanks so much for sharing :)
Post a Comment