"I am an adult and I am allowed to change my mind!" She said to herself in the mirror with a wink.
"You are not the boss of me, I make and unmake my very own decisions, and if you don't like it, too bad!" brushing her hair aside and walking out of the room.
I had one of those moments late last week and I was able, like a big girl to get through it and move on. What an accomplishment, no feelings were hurt, no long drawn out discussions took place, end of story, moving on. Now I am not going to go into detail such the event that took place but I will tell you that I felt like a real "grown-up" if there is such a title. I am definitely learning at 29 the importance of these lessons and why when your mother told you growing up, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" that is exactly what you should do. Thank you mom. I understand now. Needless to say, the 2 very stringy, coarse, wiry gray hairs that I found on my head the following day were almost a welcome site of some sort of passage that I had traveled through with great success. Kind of like the silvery stretch marks that donne my entire body from carrying around these three monkeys for a total of 27 months! Over 2 years! Can I get an amen ladies? Could I please call that my badge of honor?! Do you think Heidi Klum has them too?
I had the very fortunate pleasure of hanging with 4 of the utmost classiest women (amongst other fancy titles) on Friday night. What a fun time filled with lots and lots of laughter, great food, and a beautiful setting. I think that I have come to the conclusion that when I was in the 6Th grade and got together with my girlfriends and we talked about who was the cuter New Kid On The Block or who had the newest pair of GUESS jeans, that hanging out with my adult girlfriends outweighs those experiences 100 fold. Plus, you still get to act like a 12 year old and they will still accept all of your dumb stories and all of your goofiness. They know where you have already been and where you aspire to go. They know listening is the most priceless gift they could give to you and that when it is given in return the earth is a healthy happier home because of it. And when you "almost die" together you have another story to retell each and every time you get together. :) You know who you are.
I have had 3 different people tell me in the last week that I don't sit down enough. Or was it, I just don't sit down. I can't remember. Anyway, I decided that this weekend I was going to enjoy my husbands company during what we like to call at our house "break time". And that I did. I sat. We talked and laughed together like we were still in high school . We pondered our existence as parents and our fairly pathetic social life. (Hence the new found sport of blogging) We genuinely enjoyed each others company. Who needs anything else, right?! I told him that there are some days where I still feel exactly the same way I did when we first started dating 12 years ago. Its nice to reconnect even if its over Gatorade and cream cheese danishes. Who needs fancy caviar and wine? Realizing that you run together as a well oiled, finely tuned machine is priceless in my book. If only Round Here by the Counting Crows (1995 Cass & Jeb favorite) would have come on in the background we would have beaten out the best Dawson's Creek episode ever made.
So, here I am needing to eat again and its only been an hour and a half. Pathetic! I hate food preparation. Where is the butler? I need a PBJ...
So let me just touch briefly on my running schedule and running while pg. Great, no complaints, I feel like the goddess I know I am, except.....if only (back to my dear friend Heidi Klum) I had thighs like a model because I am here to tell you that the chaffing that I have experienced while running is that of the most unpleasant yeast infection, UTI, bladder infection, hemorrhoid, all wrapped into one. I think that I have rubbed off and grown back so many layers of new skin I would make a snake jealous. It gets to the point usually around the last of 3 miles that I can't even feel the insides of my legs. Is this what it feels like to be a cowboy after a long ride? Because, if thats the case I am no longer in need of that cowgirl camp getaway I was planning on taking. Yikes! I'm telling you what... Other than that little unpleasant feature, my little "Tres" and I are logging in the time together. We run our next 5K on the 14Th and I can't wait. I love the course and I love the company. If only this one would allow me to push the kids in their jogger. (If only my body would still allow me to push them!!!) Jeb and I watched Escape from Alcatraz (partial triathlon) and I have the bug. Watching these men and women do this was so inspirational. It just gave me the bug. I would love to do it. I may have to wait until "Tres" is in preschool but it just may me doable. Plus, I am still a young buck and as long as the good Lord continues to keep my 2 not so favorite letters that abbreviate that "secret society" at bay from me, I am there. Will you be at the finish line to catch me when I collapse? :)
Well, I must go, laundry calls. So does the bathroom and the kitchen floor too but I think that I will settle for just folding this afternoon. I think I will let the answering machine catch those other calls. Plus I need to fullfill my secret obsession and read a little Wall Street Journal online to feel like my brain has had some sort of "informative playtime" today.
Life is good. Living a dream. Half the year is gone already, have you stuck to your resolutions? No, me neither... :)
My love; all my love,
C
1 comment:
I decided to be the first to comment on your blog. I love it! I loved your most recent entry too and I'm anxiously awaiting the next one! Don't keep us waiting too long. :)
Post a Comment