Ok, so let me just start off by saying the last 2 days of being a stay at home mother has been 2 of the most overwhelming days of my expierience so far. Im not going to go into great detail with you, simply because we have all been there at some point. However, I will tell you that not only do I have tremendous respect for my grandmother's (both having 5) but I can honestly say that my job is a wee bit difficult. I think that both nights when J came home I proceeded to tell him, "I can't do it all!" Which then prompted him to say, "I know." Hmmpff... not what I was looking for. Bless his sweet heart for attempting. I love my children very much but all I have to say is, when bed time is near I have been at my peak of happiness the last 2 days.
So let me at least tell you about the last 2 times that I have run. First, on Monday I was running down North Long Lake and got hmmm, what should I call it, "revved at" by 2 very lovely motorcycles. Now some of you may or may not know this, but I consider myself to be safely obsessed with Harley's. I would even consider naming this child that I am carrying Harley. At any rate, it was a great little boost for the ol mom to get what I thought was a little token of appreciation for the female species. Enough said. On Wednesday night (1st rough night full of mommyhood dramas) I proceeded to run a little extra feeling as though I had a weeks worth of sleep with my 18 min nap earlier that afternoon. So I am plugging along listening to some great older Aerosmith thinking that I am hot stuff. But low and behold running up the hill opposite me is a lovely man glistening in the sun with his cute little green shorts on. We both proceed to do the causual wave and move on. Only for a very short second did I think, "Wow, that was really friendly of him." Later my husband in his very best supportive husband voice telling me that he was probably looking at my chest. Hmmpff... ok, lets recap a little factoid here. I am clearly, visibly pregnant. Ok, he wasn't looking at me, he was being a polite human and I was able to accept the kind gesture of appreciation he had towards our common goal that evening. I think I might have told one of you that I was in great hopes that he would return home and carry with him the night that that sweet pregnant woman was running and smiled and waved. When is it that we lose that sense of someone possible checking us out? Maybe he was, Ill never know. Long story short, its just nice for someone to wave and be friendly or smile and be polite. That makes my day. End of story. Whew!
I think that I am going to start boycotting the news. (CNN is my guiltiest pleasure). I stayed up to watch Greta Van Sustern and it was all about Paris. Lets just leave her alone, wish her well and be done with it. So then I turn it to Anderson Cooper (One of the handsomest over 40 men) and its all about the WWE wrestler who "alledgedly" killed his son & wife and then killed himself. I think at that point I turned it to The Wonder Years just to calm myslef down before falling asleep. Sad, I know...if only I could catch The Today Show more often.
Ok, thats all my overwhelmed brain can contribute to the world today. Maybe I will have something more thrilling to share later.
If you get a chance anytime soon try to get your hands on John Mayer Continuum and listen to Stop This Train. Great song. Great writer, you can/could put yourself in any circumstance with this one. Enjoy, you won't be disappointed.
Much love,
C.
No comments:
Post a Comment