Yep, today's the day.
The day of the weekly rant.
The day of the weekly confession.
The day of the weekly dump.
Here it is. Honestly.
The House of 2 Women
Let's be honest. Being a woman, sometimes not so much fun. Sometimes super fun. Major perks. And major downfalls. The whole half glass full glass half empty debate. You get what I'm saying. So the little Miss has started school and as a very seasoned veteran after 1 whole week under her belt has decided that she will be heard. trumpets sound...she speaks... And in all seriousness, I'm scared of her. I can remember the delivery room when she entered into the world (with a room full of her very favorite females at 2:32am) and her making her debut in, sorry TMI, but serious cannonball fashion. She was quiet and serene. She cried only momentarily until she latched right onto me, sorry TMI, and snuggled in. She and I have always seen eye to eye for the most part of her 4 year, minus 2 week days. But I have fully allowed myself to think about the dreaded talks. The questions. The "What the hell are you wearing Mother!" glances in disgust. yadda, yadda, yadda... I on bended knee, will answer everything to the best of my wanna be girly/tomboy way. Whatever that time of the month brings to her liking. Sorry TMI.
Throwing the fear away.
How old are you?
One of the many perks of growing up in the U.P. was there was a very limited "summer time". I use quotes only because there was the season but snow suits were usually brought out to enjoy Fourth of July festivities. No joke! I remember when it was hot, it could have been about 70. Either this or my brain cells have been totally burned up by the amount of Sun In my sister and I used to try our darn est to kill, I mean die out very dark heads of hair. But, that's another story. I have been blessed with some seriously awesome genes. And from what I can see at being only 5 or so months away from my 32nd birthday (Yipes!) I am looking pretty darn good. Minus the fact that a table that I was waiting on the other night asked me if I was old enough to serve them the lovely bottle of wine I was opening for them. Hmmm...
Throwing it away. Hooray for almost 32!
Mulit-tasker Extraoirdinare!
I have been know to brush my teeth, while changing laundry, faxing a fax, and directing 3 young children to get shoes and socks on, carrying youngest said child on hip, putting dog away in kennel, starting dishwasher... This, in a nutshell, brings me joy. The same joy it gives my husband when the lines are straight as he mows the OBR amazon. But, I digress. I am on the horizon of a huge change here as FHOH (that's female head of household) and while plenty of Pro's -vs- Con's lists have been made, strategic measures have been measured, and schedules have been compared, I am unsure for the first time in my whole life how I am going to get it all done. Honestly. Terrified on a every other day basis. For, for real.
Throwing it away. For today.
Weekly Guilt Log
I have showed up to drop off and pick up at my beloved almost 4 year old's preschool, unshowered. All week. See terrified mother reference at top of dump list. Ahem...
I haven't had the dog in to be groomed since March.
I was a little jealous of Mr. Kayano when he knew exactly what lane to go into when we did the weekly Meijer run. CONTROL FREAK! did I just say that out loud?
I didn't go to PTO.
I let go of #1 babe at school and told him it was ok, and to go on, when all I wanted to do was let him be sad and hang onto him until he was done with his moment.
I waiting over 24 hours when asked if I was running in a local 5k only to answer (with no bitterness at all), "nope".
I wasn't there to help out/hug on/sit with, 2 of the loveliest people that I know, as they had to say goodbye to someone they adored.
That's it.
Lot's of recycle accounted for. No hazardous waste. I'm a rule follower, ya know.
Only meaningless blather and control freak behavior here.
Until next week.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
No comments:
Post a Comment