So let me be the 1st to tell you how excited I am that Sex And The City is a real big screen movie. When TV shows make the big switch over to the silver screen I am somewhat of a pessimist. I usually turn my nose up and wait patiently until it is on TBS on a Sunday afternoon. But this is different. Now let me rewind and give you a little bit of history. I started watching SATC right after I had Isaac; sans 5 years ago. We did not have HBO but Jeb's parents did and I spent a good part of the 1st couple of months that Isaac was around at their house in great desperation for some adult interaction as I wasn't so quick to get my sea legs in the uncertain waters of stay-at-home mommy land. I loved the show. I loved how raw they were, I loved every aspect of their relationships with one another. I loved that I could only dream of having these types of women in my life. All in different stages and places in their lives but still coming together for the good of true bitch fest, the real hormone replacement therapy, sex tips that even Dr. Ruth wouldn't be able to suggest with a straight face. They were all so complex in their own right but each week there was always some sort of question proposed and with the help of NYC being the sexiest of them all, they strutted around in amazing clothes, pondered over cosmo's, and went on to show that underneath all the glitz and glamour from the fine folks at HBO, women are women and friendships like the ones portrayed in the show are the greatest gift to own. Well, maybe a pair of hot Manolo Blahnik's too...
I am lucky enough now, 5 years later to own all the seasons of SATC. I have watched them all; a couple of times. So, on Saturday night I am going with my Carrie, Miranda, Samantha, and Charlotte to enjoy and celebrate that in some sort of little tiny way, I am part of a group of women that are diverse, sexy, talented, and hilarious and even though we donne Birks, and Croc's there is a inner "Carrie" in all of us. I will save a couple of calories to repalce after my run in the A.M. to toast a Cosmo and celebrate friendship and the wonderful world of woman.
XXOO
Cassy
aka "the dark haired one with 3 kids and a dog on the hill"
No comments:
Post a Comment