Good Afternoon.
I am actually attempting to check in this afternoon with both of my boys right here, present, entertaining each other. We shall see how well this goes...
We had such a great weekend. Got to see my Girls On The Run girls run their 5K on Friday night. I was able to see them off at the start but wasn't able to stick around to see anyone finish as #1, #2, and #3 were done done done. I ran in and picked up our packets, shirts and numbers for the race for Saturday beforehand and it was nuts! Such a different atmosphere around the gym since most participants were to be running the marathon and 1/2 marathon. Its just a different breed of people. Not to say that I wouldn't love to be amongst their company. At any rate, we got home and to bed nice and early. Up and at 'em at around 5 for something to eat and a nice pumping session for the boy to enjoy. Guilt ridden mama was not present, I was happy to pump and go. I was excited. Greeted my sleepy mom at about 5:50 and greeted my favorite Old Barn Go Mama's for our ride into town at 6. We got there and kind of all went our separate ways to warm up considering it was a balmy 40 or so degrees. No thank you! There were tons of people warming up, lots of sport gels being sucked down, one last stop in a porta potty. I stripped down to the runnin clothes with about 10 mins to go and smiled nervously around at all my fellow running friends. I made sure "the girls/bosom buddies" were in perfect place so that I could finish my work out successfully and crossed my way over the activation line to start my run about 7:20. It was a little difficult to weave through the 1,000 or so people that were in front of me. I tend to always place myself in the very back so that if I make my way to the front it is just a really nice surprise and boost for the ego. At any rate the 1st half went great. Jeb passed me on his return back to the track and I clocked him at a PR pace. It was so good to see his face pass me. I was just about a mile away from the half way point at that time. I made the trek back to the Senior High track and tried my best at about mile 4 to push and go and see what I had left. I knew Jeb was done at that point and probably cooling down. I just kept telling myself that he would be right there once I turned onto the track for a 3/4 loop around before finishing. I knew he would be there to tell me to push. He said he would be there. Turned off of the road to the parking lot to hear music blaring very close ahead. I turned onto the track and there he was. "Go baby, go, push!" That I did, I looked down at my watch and realized I was going to be faster at mile 5 and 6 than mile 4. Good finish. A couple screams out of friends on the way down the home stretch and then it was done. I did it. I'm not sure why I didn't think that I could. But it was great to be all done. I can say that I ran a 10k now. Hmmm... what to do next? We cooled off and met Jeb's parents and went out to breakfast and we were home by 10:30. My extra talented husband posted a 2nd place in his age category (a new age category he was only welcomed into about 7 hrs before starting gun) and 11 place OVERALL. Can you believe it? He did so well. And he ran it with somewhat of a lingering cold. I am so proud! I told him that I will never go away for Memorial Day because I want to run this every year. It was so beautiful and all of the people all bundled drinking their morning coffee in their driveways along the route were so sweet. I loved it, I can't wait until next year.
We were lucky enough to celebrate Jeb's bday again on Sat night with his family. We splurged and stuffed ourselves with Moomer's (aka best ice cream in America) ice cream cake. We were both asleep by 9! Rest of the weekend was very laid back and relaxing. Hope that you all rested. I had ketchup and a fresh bun, potato salad, and busted out the sunscreen. Summer is upon us. Well maybe after the 29 degree low tonight. I will be patient.
This mama is well. I will check in later this week. Isaac is running his 1st "race" on Saturday. He is so excited and has been on 2 "runs" since Sat. Oh my! He said that he can't wait to be as fast as his Dad. Game on.
My love, all my love,
Cass
P.S.
Here are our official times:
Jeb- 36:20 (2nd in age, 11th overall)
Cassy- 58:48
No comments:
Post a Comment