Monday, October 29, 2007

Buck Fever!









The house is all "abuzz" with anticipation of rifle deer hunting season coming up and the yearly trip to beautiful South Dakota to pheasant hunt, but wait...Its not only Fantasy Football season, its bow season right now and look at what the hunter dragged in... (sorry for having to tilt your head, for some reason I can't get it to rotate)

Last Wednesday Jeb went out in the afternoon (semi slimy October afternoon) only to get set up and find himself a few minutes later pulling back on his "Cadillac" bow to shoot a beautiful 6 point buck. Now don't ask me where he was. Somewhere in Northern Michigan, roughly 20 or so mins away. It has only been 12 years since the man professed is undying love for me but he won't tell me where he hunts. (or fishes for that matter) This year I at least told him that he had to take his cell phone and leave it off in his pocket. Not to mention I told him in '03 the 1st time he went out that he had to start wearing his safety harness. I mean come on, he is oodles of feet high sitting in a damn tree. At any rate, from the story that I heard it was somewhat picture perfect. Everything went as planned and the new little cart that he had purchased, which came the day before the big kill, came in hand beautifully. He successfully gutted it out with the sun just setting, threw him on his cart and trucked it back to his truck to take home. He called and was so excited. I in the meantime, had an afternoon of "mommy hell" and proceeded to tell him that it probably wasn't the best day for him to have gone, all the while I am sure he was holding his breath to tell me the good news. (Ok, so I didn't make wife of the year award at that moment) He brought Bambi's dad home to show us with great pride. Isaac was so excited but made sure that Dad was close by as he snuck a look. Ali steered clear and was moderately interested only if every 3 seconds I told her that it was dead. I am sure that you can see from the picture, the smile on his face that he was more than delighted. I am so proud of him. This is his 1st buck/deer that he has shot with his bow. I have watched him practice for years and it all comes down to moments like this that a picture speaks a thousand words. My big great hunter; bringing dinner to the table. Charles Ingall's would be so proud. I know that I am. Way to go babe!




No comments: