
Isn't this the funniest picture?!
This was taken 12 years ago this weekend. I remember it like it was yesterday.
First of all, the outfit... as some of you know I was a Pom in High School. Which pretty much just means I was a part of the marching band and I plastered a smile on my face and moved around the muddy field at half time every Friday night to the (senior year) music of Phantom of The Opera. Best time of my life! At the end of the season we had a "presentation" aka Band O Rama in the gym and all the parents come and so on. Well, low and behold look who was there to lend his support but the football player that I adored so. He sat through that whole thing (amongst some other really way too long orchestra concerts too) and was Mr. Wonderful. He has humored me thus far and continues to do so. Not only that but why wouldn't he want to? I am clearly quite the dish in this picture! If only my boobs were still that perky. Damn kids. :)
When he calls to tell me that he is on his way home from work, I still get the same feeling as I did back then, my heart still skips a few beats, and I am constantly reminded that at 17 or 29 this is the guy who I like to be around. High school was great, but continuing to "grow up" with your best friend and having beautiful babies together is even better. Better than what I had probably dreamed of the night this picture was taken.
2 comments:
You and Jeb look like babies!
Did you used to wait for Jeb by his/your locker? And once you'd get a glimpse that he was coming thru the crowd get that flutter feeling of anticipation and pure excitment?
Actually smarty, we shared a locker out entire Senior year. You are much too funny!
We drove to and from school together too.
Post a Comment