Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today; starring me.

How many times have I started a blog post in the last 5 days you ask? 4! Four times I have sat down and attempted to check in and write something that has been on my mind. Or endless blather. Which ever way you look at it.
Whew! What a long day it has been! Although I sit here tonight at 11:29pm and reflect on what it has come out to be...

Today was a good day because...

I took my time and made sure it was done right.

I looked both ways before I crossed the road. (please take this anyway you would like)

I made sure that everyone had sparkly clean teeth before we left the house.

I made plans and am looking more forward to them than I really thought I would.

I allowed a new CD (DMB if you must) take me away and give me goose bumps.

I let them have a little control.

I treated the dog to a ride.

I allowed myself to dream about what it would be like.

I said NO because that would be too reckless of me.

I was a wee bit selfish.

I asked for help.

I made something with my 2 hands to share and say thank you with to someone.

I enjoyed the smell of someone else's kitchen other than mine.

I allowed myself to miss running again for the umteenth day in a row but promised I would return when the time is right.

I left someone a voicemail and told them that I love them and was thinking of them, other than Mr. Kayano.

I prayed for clarity, peace of mind, bigger boobs, and the wisdom for when my kids hit their teens.

I answered honestly.

I allowed myself to be a wee bit vulnerable but made sure I didn't apologize for it.

I made sure, for positive, that I hugged, kissed, looked them in the eye, and made for certain everyone knew they were loved by me. All 3 of them.


Tomorrow marks the last day of school for the school boy at this house. Wow! That's all I can say. This Mama is ready for all 3 babies to be home for a little break. No alarms, no schedule, just fun. More to come.
Until then...

My love, all my love,
Cass

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is a good day! Way to go Momma stone, those are some lucky kiddos on the receiving end of those straight in the eye, 'You really really know I love you, right?' moments! Thanks for the reminder, I love your thoughts! Ramble on my friend.