Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Being the fun mom...

I have a few minutes to spare this morning as I have a little back up to help me out this week with the monkey's. The greatest 13 year old that ever was; and she's blood! I am so lucky and so are my kids to have her here to experience the chaos that is this house. I am fortunate enough to have a relationship with this sweet young woman and relive a little of what it is like to be 13 again. I wish she could stay forever!
Its been a crazy week here. We are slowly settling back into a reasonable bedtime (before 11) and managing to consume something other than ketchup and mustard. Although the bountiful harvest of strawberries have been a staple since last Thursday. How we aren't all the color red, I don't know. What a delightful week filled with ditching the norm, allowing peeing in the great outdoors, lots of Popsicles outside of allotted time frames, and windows down with loud music blaring from the car. Crazy and carefree are we. I am liking it. My attempts at being "fun mom" are usually pretty steady but I am slowly believing that maybe I should go ahead and just go for it everyday. I may be coming out of the clouds as far as my "adjustment period" to having 3 kids at home. I may be on the horizon of really believing in my heart that I am the best mom on the face of the earth, for my blonde haired brain, dark eyed dozer, and long eye lashed lover. That or it may be that I have my delightful house guest that reminds me that time does not stand still and childhood and all of its fun filled glory is short lived. All of the stages of adolescence I still have to experience. So in the meantime, we shall have fun. Run in the sprinklers, clap at parades, hoot and holler when John comes on the radio, hold our breathes at 2 wheels and hills, congratulate on milestones big and little. And when we collapse at the end of the day, let the fun time echo to us in far off voices. I am a mom. Being the mom, is pretty darn fun.

Please please please read http://milemarkers.runnersworld.com/2008/07/bellissima.html

How lucky are we mama's (and Daddyo's too) to have these experiences. I welled with tears reading. I am almost for certain that the memories of chaos and changing diapers are not so far off for her and now she moves into another phase. What a beautiful memory. I hope to enjoy it myself someday.

My love, all my love,
Cassy

1 comment:

Kari Lynn said...

Super cute blog Cass! I love the bloggin thing. I have one for our family. www.vugteveens.blogspot.com looking forward to keeping up with you. I'm really inspired by the running you and Jeb are doing. Maybe I can get Jason on board with me. Maybe I'd get those last 10 pounds off:)