Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's A Girl Thing!, Dreaming of a Menage A Trois!

I wanted to share with you something that I started when I was pregnant with Ali. Now more than ever since I know that I am having another boy, I am so thrilled to know that I will have the joy and privilege of sharing in the life of another female. As the days go on I am less afraid and more hopeful. (Why did I worry so much in the beginning?) We took a shower together last night and she just loved it that it was just the 2 of us. We talked about conditioners, lotions, I used the blow dryer on her hair. It was fun girl time. Lord knows I am not the epitome of a girl but hopefully I will be able to dig deep, for her sake. If not, she has lots and lots of various "aunties" and aunties, "grandma's" and grandma's to go to. Thank you in advance ladies for being the awesome role models I know you will be for her sake. We will keep you all in the speed dial come around age 10.

Anyway, please feel free to add anything to this, it will be an ongoing thing.



To be a Girl, it's ok to,


  • let your hair blow in the wind and get all messed up
  • to not have your nail polish & your toe nail polish match
  • to not shave for as long as you want
  • to like the color pink but not own anything remotely close to the color in any part of your decor or wardrobe
  • to own as many pairs of shoes as humanly possible but choose to only wear tennis shoes and flip flops
  • to be "just friends" with a guy
  • to prefer hanging out with just guys
  • to fall in love as many times as you can
  • to fall in love only once and give it every ounce of your everything
  • be hurt, mad, and angry at whatever you think
  • to be happy content and satisfied at whatever you think
  • to be comfortable in your own skin
  • to be just a little bit jealous about petty things
  • to declare yourself "self-confident" but still cry when your feelings are hurt
  • to declare yourself "self-sufficient" but still ask for help
  • to admit to watching every single year, like clock work, Miss America and Miss USA pagents
  • to skinny dip with no regrets
  • to like reading but love looking at the pictures more
  • to not understand the concept of: hair/humidity, the Superbowl, changing your own oil in your car (thats what mechanics are for), a big Mac & Diet Coke cancelling each other out, concealer vs foundation vs powder

Hopefully, someday I will be able to hand this over with great pride. (and she won't roll her eyes at me)



I must share with you that I am having some pretty wild dreams these days. This is probably due to the fact that before I go to bed I am usually eating something that has sugar in it. Possibly? Ya think so? (the Lucky Charms box swears that it has some sort of nutritional value) So the other night I had a dream about a menage a trois! Ok, ok, not the one that your twisted mind is thinking. My new found favorite red wine (discovering much too close to me finding out that I was pg this time) from a fabulous restaurant downtown is named menage a trois. I have yet to really read the blurb on the back of the bottle so once I am "back in the saddle again" I will have to purchase a bottle of my very own. It is so good and thanks to my dearest friend for introducing me to the world of red wine, I am now hooked. (doesn't the FDA endorse at least 1 glass a day? I love them!) Anyway, I dreamt that I was sitting on the back porch having a glass, enjoying some time to myself. Isn't that terrible?! Shouldn't I be dreaming of having a romantic night out with my husband and having a glass? Shouldn't I be dreaming of being surrounded by my girlfriends giving a wonderful toast to them for being the most immeasurable treasure that I posses? No, I was on the back porch. Dream over. Hopefully I was showered and completely organized. Next time I will make it more interesting.

The weather is humid and blah today. Fall will be here soon. Isaac asked me how long until Halloween. (I was more excited that he is starting to understand the whole time concept rather than what he wanted to be this year) I think that we will go to the 1st Central home game tomorrow night. Im not sure what Jeb and I look forward to more, seeing the field, pretending we are back in high school, or hearing the fight song. Hmmm...all of the above. Go Trojans!

Off to mow the amazon. More tomorrow.

My love, all my love,

the one with the volleyball in her belly

1 comment:

Kristinm said...

It's Ok to try to get to the bottom of what exactly he means when your five your old son says "Hi Big Girl" to you on a particularly difficult day. Cheers! :)