Don't we look alike? Probably one of the 1st pictures in a really long time where all 3 of us look like we are related.
(Shhh, this is the 1st pic we have taken as all 5 of us)
Check out this bunch! (look at Brodie realizing what kind of people that he has gotten himself into)
Good beautiful Northern Michigan morning to you. I am clicking away bright and early this morning. I am snuggled in drinking some coffee watching a very breathtaking sky start to warm itself. I just saw the Jeb & Isaac hunting duo off to the woods. Jeb decided that since tomorrow is the last day of rifle deer season that he would take Isaac out to the woods to see what they could see. I'm not sure who was more excited! That and there are snacks and hot chocolate to be consumed while snuggled into the blind. A very groggy little 5 year old came and kissed me goodbye at 6:30 this morning and all I could think is that this one trip to the woods will set the tone for his love of the sport. He was born with serious hunting blood in him and would probably choose to hang outside watching birds and pretending to shoot a deer with his bow and arrow over TV, cars, coloring, and super heros. I wish that I could be there to see the 2 of them doing what you do in a deer blind waiting for a deer to come. Nothing. Silence. Watching. Waiting. I told Jeb that if they did see something that was "shot worthy" it may very well be Christmas/Birthday morning all wrapped into one day. I said a little prayer when the garage door closed behind them. Please let them see something. What Jeb is teaching him is a gift. I am so lucky to have this man who will teach and share with all of his children the love he has for the outdoors. I will let you know the outcome. Maybe even a deer hanging in the garage come this afternoon. If not, my little story teller will have some sort of tale to spin.
My love, all my love,
Cassy
No comments:
Post a Comment