Thursday, November 8, 2012

Garbage Dumping Thursday

Every single week I try my hardest to get the garbage and recycle down to the bottom of the driveway the night before pick up day. This morning it was a mad dash, while running late, with no pre coffee, with 3 little chicks who didn't want to be talked to/looked at/breathed on, attempting to have the "non-disheveled" look about me.
Regardless, I still have garbage to dump.


Not so organized nor graceful after all...




I woke up before the kids this past Tuesday morning.
Hair attempted, obligatory mascara applied, coffee in hand ready to greet 3 sleepy chicks, ready for the day. I had got lunches ready before they woke up. I had breakfast ready. I had my "Today we vote for the President" speech prepared. We discussed what it meatn to vote and that it we vote, the majorty wins. Not to further the conversation towards the additive of when said majority wins and that majority isn't you, you have to deal with it. I digress.
We all "voted" on dinner. The majority ruled and we planned for Slabtown burgers that evening.
Coffee in hand, kisses to the olders, my side kick and I walked into the gym to vote. Following all protocol, and thanking the sweet volunteers who led us through the ropes, we sat down. With my cheat sheet in hand, I filled out my ovals completely. Minimal questions ensued. I placed my "I voted" sticker on and stood up to head to the machine that would take my ballot and count it. Proudly walking hand in hand with my son, taking in the quiet shuffle of people walking in, feeling the warm inviting buzz of the task at hand, I proudly handed over my ballot to "that sucker upper thing". Smiling at the description from my side kick, I balanced my coffee cup, my drivers license, a 4 1/2 year olds hand and my legal sized "cover up" as I fed my ballot in the machine.
Feeling nostalgic as it took it into the machine, I winked at Brodie, turned around, and dropped my coffee mug. Shattering the handle. Everywhere.

Quiet over.
Calm atmosphere destroyed.
Mood bulldozed by the lady with the coffee cup.
What a boob.

Election morning 2012...
Remeber the lady who dropped her coffee cup and scared the hell out of the calm gym? Yup, that was me.


Pride a little bruised.
Throwing it away.(you don't throw away your favorite mug)





Say cheese




As I get older, I don't enjoy having my picture taken. Even though my parents spent more money than I am sure they would like to admit on my mouth, I just can't be satisfied. The angle isn't right. The lighting isn't right. My hair isn't right. I just can't be at peace with the way I look. I'm feeling as though the looming dead of winter 35th birthday that is creeping up on me has me feeling.... Older.
A dear friend complimented me on a picture that was attatched to some words I proudly wrote and said, "This is a beautiful picture of you." I looked down at my feet and complained and whined that I thought my face looked too big. (think 2 year old whining) Being immediatly "shushed" by one of my biggest supporters who sternly barked, "Say THANK YOU!"
I quietly mumbled thank you.
I need to remember that I will only be this age once.
I'm going to take more pictures.
I'm going to smile bigger.
I'm going to work on that.

Throwing it away.


The weekly guilt log

I printed off my current transcript to see my accumulative GPA.
To fold it up and keep in my purse.
To look at and be reminded of how hard I have worked.
And kick start my attitude for returning to school.

Giving out honey in a Delsym dispenser cup and telling one of the chicks it was a new flavor.

Throwing away a raspberry container instead of recycling it.

Not sticking up for myself in 2 different instances this week.
Once because I didn't want to hurt someone's feelings.
Once because I didn't want to really say how I really felt about it.

Rewatching Parenthood. Because I'm an addict.

Having 2 glasses of wine and a honeycrisp apple for dinner.

Not taking my own advice.



I hope you have cleaned out the garbage for the week. Make room for productivity and organization.
Dump the garbage.
Recycle something old, into something beautiful and new.
You will be happy you did.


All my love.








No comments: